* Y2038 work branch in the official GLIBC git repo?
@ 2016-10-18 20:27 Albert ARIBAUD
From: Albert ARIBAUD @ 2016-10-18 20:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: GNU C Library

Hi,

I would like to make experimental work for Y2038 GLIBC available for
others to see, try and comment.

I see there are lots of branches already in the official repo at
git://sourceware.org/git/glibc.git.

Would it be possible to create one for y2038 work? Apparently, many of
the existing branches are of the form 'nickname/topic' or even
'nickname/topic/subtopic'; It would be perfect if I could follow the
same convention, and create branches like 'aaribaud/y2038[/whatever]'.

Is this possible? If so, how should I proceed?

Thanks in advance!

Cordialement,
Albert ARIBAUD
3ADEV

* Re: Y2038 work branch in the official GLIBC git repo?
@ 2016-10-20 15:12 ` Adhemerval Zanella
From: Adhemerval Zanella @ 2016-10-20 15:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: libc-alpha

On 18/10/2016 18:27, Albert ARIBAUD wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to make experimental work for Y2038 GLIBC available for
> others to see, try and comment.
>
> I see there are lots of branches already in the official repo at
> git://sourceware.org/git/glibc.git.
>
> Would it be possible to create one for y2038 work? Apparently, many of
> the existing branches are of the form 'nickname/topic' or even
> 'nickname/topic/subtopic'; It would be perfect if I could follow the
> same convention, and create branches like 'aaribaud/y2038[/whatever]'.
>
> Is this possible? If so, how should I proceed?

I think as long you have write access you are free to create branches
inside your name (nickname/...).  I would just recommend you to clean
up regularly old non active branches.  For other namespace branch you
will need to check out this  [1].

You can get write access by following the steps described at 'Becoming
a maintainer (developer)' [2].

[1] https://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/GlibcGit#Name_Space_Request
[2] https://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/MAINTAINERS

* Re: Y2038 work branch in the official GLIBC git repo?
@ 2016-10-21 13:55   ` Albert ARIBAUD
From: Albert ARIBAUD @ 2016-10-21 13:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Adhemerval Zanella; +Cc: libc-alpha

Hi Adhemerval,

On Thu, 20 Oct 2016 13:12:21 -0200, Adhemerval Zanella
<adhemerval.zanella@linaro.org> wrote :

> On 18/10/2016 18:27, Albert ARIBAUD wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I would like to make experimental work for Y2038 GLIBC available for
> > others to see, try and comment.
> >
> > I see there are lots of branches already in the official repo at
> > git://sourceware.org/git/glibc.git.
> >
> > Would it be possible to create one for y2038 work? Apparently, many of
> > the existing branches are of the form 'nickname/topic' or even
> > 'nickname/topic/subtopic'; It would be perfect if I could follow the
> > same convention, and create branches like 'aaribaud/y2038[/whatever]'.
> >
> > Is this possible? If so, how should I proceed?
>
> I think as long you have write access you are free to create branches
> inside your name (nickname/...).  I would just recommend you to clean
> up regularly old non active branches.  For other namespace branch you
> will need to check out this  [1].
>
> You can get write access by following the steps described at 'Becoming
> a maintainer (developer)' [2].
>
> [1] https://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/GlibcGit#Name_Space_Request
> [2] https://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/MAINTAINERS

Thanks a lot!