* patchwork 32-bit i686 trybot is up and running.
@ 2021-07-09 19:26 Carlos O'Donell
From: Carlos O'Donell @ 2021-07-09 19:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: libc-alpha

Community,

Just a heads up that the 32-bit i686 trybot is up and running.

I see it did catch an i686 issue with the recent MALLOC_ALIGNMENT changes.

https://patchwork.sourceware.org/project/glibc/list/

I see quite a bit of red here, and some of it looks related, but I need
to review with DJ.

Any helpful feedback is appreciated.

--
Cheers,
Carlos.

* Re: patchwork 32-bit i686 trybot is up and running.
@ 2021-07-09 19:31 ` Carlos O'Donell
From: Carlos O'Donell @ 2021-07-09 19:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: libc-alpha

On 7/9/21 3:26 PM, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
> Community,
>
> Just a heads up that the 32-bit i686 trybot is up and running.
>
> I see it did catch an i686 issue with the recent MALLOC_ALIGNMENT changes.
>
> https://patchwork.sourceware.org/project/glibc/list/
>
> I see quite a bit of red here, and some of it looks related, but I need
> to review with DJ.
>
> Any helpful feedback is appreciated.

Twice the trybot caught the failures here:

Add a generic malloc test for MALLOC_ALIGNMENT
https://patchwork.sourceware.org/project/glibc/patch/CAMe9rOoVDPyMip=e2NCuUUzB+-0Um5PkNATgR6b=fez=N4orWg@mail.gmail.com/
dj/TryBot-32bit 	fail 	Patch caused testsuite regressions

https://www.delorie.com/trybots/32bit/2460/regressions.txt
NONE -> FAIL : malloc/tst-mallocalign1-mcheck

[v2] Add a generic malloc test for MALLOC_ALIGNMENT
https://patchwork.sourceware.org/project/glibc/patch/CAMe9rOo_7t4z27zvkv3zN5WhDtGJQ7xM0GEJ3fF8+seQcEa4WQ@mail.gmail.com/
dj/TryBot-32bit 	fail 	Patch caused testsuite regressions

https://www.delorie.com/trybots/32bit/2465/regressions.txt
NONE -> FAIL : malloc/tst-mallocalign1-mcheck

[v3] Add a generic malloc test for MALLOC_ALIGNMENT
https://patchwork.sourceware.org/project/glibc/patch/CAMe9rOoD=9P6waPr3ajUqFOBHTTjc2ns5H5SucmWog38_=H61Q@mail.gmail.com/

No fails! :-)

Please have a look at the trybot when doing review, the idea
is to help this kind of review be "self-obvious" that the
patch fails CI/CD.

--

@ 2021-07-12 12:53   ` Matheus Castanho
From: Matheus Castanho @ 2021-07-12 12:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carlos O'Donell; +Cc: libc-alpha

Carlos O'Donell via Libc-alpha <libc-alpha@sourceware.org> writes:

> On 7/9/21 3:26 PM, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
>> Community,
>>
>> Just a heads up that the 32-bit i686 trybot is up and running.
>>
>> I see it did catch an i686 issue with the recent MALLOC_ALIGNMENT changes.
>>
>> https://patchwork.sourceware.org/project/glibc/list/
>>
>> I see quite a bit of red here, and some of it looks related, but I need
>> to review with DJ.
>>
>> Any helpful feedback is appreciated.
>>

> Twice the trybot caught the failures here:
>
> Add a generic malloc test for MALLOC_ALIGNMENT
> https://patchwork.sourceware.org/project/glibc/patch/CAMe9rOoVDPyMip=e2NCuUUzB+-0Um5PkNATgR6b=fez=N4orWg@mail.gmail.com/
> dj/TryBot-32bit 	fail 	Patch caused testsuite regressions
>
> https://www.delorie.com/trybots/32bit/2460/regressions.txt
> NONE -> FAIL : malloc/tst-mallocalign1-mcheck

How is this file generated? Does it have a list of "known failures"? I
noticed there are other tests listed as FAIL on check.sum.txt that did
not appear in the regressions list.

--
Matheus Castanho

* Re: patchwork 32-bit i686 trybot is up and running.
@ 2021-07-16 20:34     ` Carlos O'Donell
From: Carlos O'Donell @ 2021-07-16 20:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matheus Castanho; +Cc: libc-alpha

On 7/12/21 8:53 AM, Matheus Castanho wrote:

> Carlos O'Donell via Libc-alpha <libc-alpha@sourceware.org> writes:
>
>> On 7/9/21 3:26 PM, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
>>> Community,
>>>
>>> Just a heads up that the 32-bit i686 trybot is up and running.
>>>
>>> I see it did catch an i686 issue with the recent MALLOC_ALIGNMENT changes.
>>>
>>> https://patchwork.sourceware.org/project/glibc/list/
>>>
>>> I see quite a bit of red here, and some of it looks related, but I need
>>> to review with DJ.
>>>
>>> Any helpful feedback is appreciated.
>>>

>> Twice the trybot caught the failures here:
>>
>> Add a generic malloc test for MALLOC_ALIGNMENT
>> https://patchwork.sourceware.org/project/glibc/patch/CAMe9rOoVDPyMip=e2NCuUUzB+-0Um5PkNATgR6b=fez=N4orWg@mail.gmail.com/
>> dj/TryBot-32bit 	fail 	Patch caused testsuite regressions
>>
>> https://www.delorie.com/trybots/32bit/2460/regressions.txt
>> NONE -> FAIL : malloc/tst-mallocalign1-mcheck
>>

> How is this file generated? Does it have a list of "known failures"? I
> noticed there are other tests listed as FAIL on check.sum.txt that did
> not appear in the regressions list.

The trybots live here:
https://gitlab.com/djdelorie/glibc-cicd

In this case the 32-bit bit builder runs testing once, applies the patch
and runs testing again and compares the sum files to look for differences.

--
Cheers,
Carlos.