* Volunteer release manager for glibc 2.35 - February 1st 2021 release?
@ 2021-12-14 13:52 Carlos O'Donell
From: Carlos O'Donell @ 2021-12-14 13:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: libc-alpha

Community,

Is anyone interested in being a volunteer release manager for glibc 2.35?

The responsibilities include running the release checklist (with community help):
https://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/Release/

It is OK to delegate every task in this list so long as we get the list done :-)

Running the release is a great way to get involved with the project!

--
Cheers,
Carlos.

* Re: Volunteer release manager for glibc 2.35 - February 1st 2021 release?
@ 2022-01-06 14:35 ` Carlos O'Donell
From: Carlos O'Donell @ 2022-01-06 14:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: libc-alpha, Maxim Kuvyrkov

On 12/14/21 08:52, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
> Community,
>
> Is anyone interested in being a volunteer release manager for glibc 2.35?
>
> The responsibilities include running the release checklist (with community help):
> https://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/Release/
>
> It is OK to delegate every task in this list so long as we get the list done :-)
>
> Running the release is a great way to get involved with the project!

I will volunteer to run the release this cycle, it's good practice doing it twice in a row and
you remember all the painful parts that we forgot to fix up.

So I'm volunteering for glibc 2.35 RM if nobody objects.

I'll send out some emails shortly about the ABI freeze.

For August 2022 I'd be happy to mentor someone if they want to practice the release manager role :-)

--
Cheers,
Carlos.