From: Siddhesh Poyarekar <siddhesh@gotplt.org>
To: Amit Choudhary <amitchoudhary0523@gmail.com>,
	Adhemerval Zanella <adhemerval.zanella@linaro.org>
Cc: GNU C Library <libc-alpha@sourceware.org>
Subject: Re: Your toxic comments.
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2021 19:16:18 +0530	[thread overview]

On 6/13/21 2:28 PM, Amit Choudhary wrote:
 > There I read that you failed to qualify for IIT (twice) and you went
 > into a year long depression.
 >
 > This means that you are not a very intelligent person.
 >
 > I had passed IIT JEE exam and did Computer Science from IIT-Varanasi.
 >
 > This means that I am more intelligent than you.

OK, PM me your mailing address I'll mail you a t-shirt that says that :)

On 6/13/21 5:26 PM, Amit Choudhary wrote:
> Siddhesh started all this by making stupid comments. I will write here
> what he wrote:

I don't think you deserve an explanation of my review guidelines from me
after the vile personal attack you launched on me.  In fact, most of
them are reiterations of what other reviewers have said in the past but
you either haven't read them or haven't understood them.  But don't
worry, those comments are mostly targeted at other reviewers who (if
they choose to endure your conversation style) may choose to engage with
you.

> ==============
>
> At this point, just before Siddhesh sent his meaningless mail,
> everything was coming on track. I sent results, and Paul asked me to
> improve my algorithm and things were taking shape. But then Siddhesh's
> email derailed it all.

It was not 'coming on track' and my intervention was necessary because
(1) as one of the maintainers of glibc it is my responsibility to
reiterate the review standards for the project when I see gaps and (2)
you've been misinterpreting the politeness of the community members as
compliance.  You would have run into all those issues later even if I
had not iterated them.  You literally expressed surprise at a couple of
them as if they weren't mentioned in the thread before.

Finally, this is my last email to you until you are more respectful in
your language.

Siddhesh