* Monday Patch Queue Review pdate (2024-04-01)
@ 2024-04-01 14:00 Adhemerval Zanella Netto
From: Adhemerval Zanella Netto @ 2024-04-01 14:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: libc-alpha

Most recent meeting status is always here:
https://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/PatchworkReviewMeetings#Update

Meeting: 2024-04-01 @ 0900h EST5EDT

Video/Audio: https://bbb.linuxfoundation.org/room/adm-alk-1uu-7fu

IRC: #glibc on OFTC.

Review new patches and attendee requested reviews.

State NEW delegate NOBODY at 397 patches.

* 87879: stdlib: reorganize stdlib Makefile routines by functionality
  - Need more discussion and more information about the issue.
  - H.J noted he has a patch for bintuils: https://patchwork.sourceware.org/project/binutils/list/?series=29973
* 87875: elf: sanitize objname in _dl_signal_error
  - Possible need a bug report.
* 87870: manual: arith.texi and math.texi fixes
  - D.J already gave his RB to first two patches, assigning the rest to him.
* 87853: LoongArch: Add soft floating-point fe* function implementations.
  - It seems to be rather adding a new ABI, instead of just new symbols.
  - Florian will add some comments
* 87852: [v4] LoongArch: Add support for TLS Descriptors
  - Adhemervall will continue to comment on this one.
* 87847: Superseeded
* 87810: OpenRISC glibc hard float support
  - Skip for now, since this is a quite large patch.
* 87805: RISC-V: Implement TLS Descriptors
  - Skip, there is not upstream support yet (and I hope RISC-V maintainer will help on this).
* 87781: Deprecate group_member for Linux
  - Skip, give it a week.
  - It is desirable for this release.
* 87736: Fix some libm static issues
  - Adhemerval will drop the i386 changes
  - H.J asked a way to enable static build for all tests

* H.J
  - Question for Florian: how is TLS descriptor patch status on Fedore Rawhide?
  - Florian said there is nothing new to add.

* Florian
  - Nothing to add.

* Adhemerval
  - https://patchwork.sourceware.org/project/glibc/list/?series=28918
  - H.J will take a look.

* Re: Monday Patch Queue Review pdate (2024-04-01)
@ 2024-04-15 15:19 ` Stafford Horne
From: Stafford Horne @ 2024-04-15 15:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Adhemerval Zanella Netto; +Cc: libc-alpha

On Mon, Apr 01, 2024 at 11:00:59AM -0300, Adhemerval Zanella Netto wrote:
> Most recent meeting status is always here:
> https://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/PatchworkReviewMeetings#Update
>
> Meeting: 2024-04-01 @ 0900h EST5EDT
>
> Video/Audio: https://bbb.linuxfoundation.org/room/adm-alk-1uu-7fu
>
> IRC: #glibc on OFTC.
>
> Review new patches and attendee requested reviews.
>
> State NEW delegate NOBODY at 397 patches.
>
> * 87879: stdlib: reorganize stdlib Makefile routines by functionality
>   - Need more discussion and more information about the issue.
>   - H.J noted he has a patch for bintuils: https://patchwork.sourceware.org/project/binutils/list/?series=29973
> * 87875: elf: sanitize objname in _dl_signal_error
>   - Possible need a bug report.
> * 87870: manual: arith.texi and math.texi fixes
>   - D.J already gave his RB to first two patches, assigning the rest to him.
> * 87853: LoongArch: Add soft floating-point fe* function implementations.
>   - It seems to be rather adding a new ABI, instead of just new symbols.
>   - Florian will add some comments
> * 87852: [v4] LoongArch: Add support for TLS Descriptors
>   - Adhemervall will continue to comment on this one.
> * 87847: Superseeded
> * 87810: OpenRISC glibc hard float support
>   - Skip for now, since this is a quite large patch.

Hello,

Is there anything I should do to help get this reviewed?  Or is self review and
testing good enough for this? I think the patch is not that big, the biggest bit
is the ulps file which I could move out to another patch if that helps.

Perhaps the main thing in this series that I should get right is anthing
related to ABI.  For OpenRISC there are no different calling conventions when
the FPU is enabled so I plan to update the abi list with:

 - soft-float, BE: /lib/ld-linux-or1k.so.1
 - hard-float, BE: /lib/ld-linux-or1k.so.1

ABI list: https://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/ABIList#nios2

-Stafford