* glibc 2.37 - Please test machines. Release in one week.
@ 2023-01-25  6:28 Carlos O'Donell
From: Carlos O'Donell @ 2023-01-25  6:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: libc-alpha, Szabolcs Nagy, Vineet Gupta, Joseph Myers,
	Phil Blundell, Richard Henderson, Mao Han, John David Anglin,
	Mike Frysinger, caiyinyu, Andreas Schwab, Chung-Lin Tang,
	Stafford Horne, Rajalakshmi Srinivasaraghavan, DJ Delorie,
	Stefan Liebler, Andreas Krebbel, Dave Miller,
	Michael Hudson-Doyle, Andreas K. Huettel, Sam James,
	Dmitry V. Levin, Khem Raj

Community,

May the machine maintainers and distribution maintainers
please test the current frozen development branch and add
their test results to the wiki?

Current release notes:
https://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/Release/2.37

The release is planned for 2023-02-01 in one week.

Thank you!

--
Cheers,
Carlos.

* Re: glibc 2.37 - Please test machines. Release in one week.
@ 2023-01-28  9:42 ` Xi Ruoyao
From: Xi Ruoyao @ 2023-01-28  9:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: libc-alpha; +Cc: Carlos O'Donell, caiyinyu

On Wed, 2023-01-25 at 01:28 -0500, Carlos O'Donell via Libc-alpha wrote:
> Community,
>
> May the machine maintainers and distribution maintainers
> please test the current frozen development branch and add
> their test results to the wiki?
>
> Current release notes:
> https://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/Release/2.37
>
> The release is planned for 2023-02-01 in one week.
>
> Thank you!

For loongarch64 (UNSUPPORTED entries removed):

XPASS: conform/UNIX98/ndbm.h/linknamespace
XPASS: conform/XOPEN2K/ndbm.h/linknamespace
XPASS: conform/XOPEN2K8/ndbm.h/linknamespace
XPASS: conform/XPG42/ndbm.h/linknamespace
XPASS: elf/tst-protected1a
XPASS: elf/tst-protected1b
Summary of test results:
   4597 PASS
     22 UNSUPPORTED
     12 XFAIL
      6 XPASS

I'm a Linux From Scratch maintainer and I build LFS on x86_64, aarch64,
and loongarch64.  May I get a wiki account so I can upload test results
for them?

IIRC elf/tst-protected1a and elf/tst-protected1b have always been
producing XPASS in the recent years (on various platforms).  Is there
still a reason to mark them expected to fail?

* Re: glibc 2.37 - Please test machines. Release in one week.
@ 2023-01-30 14:41   ` Carlos O'Donell
From: Carlos O'Donell @ 2023-01-30 14:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Xi Ruoyao, libc-alpha; +Cc: caiyinyu

On 1/28/23 04:42, Xi Ruoyao wrote:
> On Wed, 2023-01-25 at 01:28 -0500, Carlos O'Donell via Libc-alpha wrote:
>> Community,
>>
>> May the machine maintainers and distribution maintainers
>> please test the current frozen development branch and add
>> their test results to the wiki?
>>
>> Current release notes:
>> https://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/Release/2.37
>>
>> The release is planned for 2023-02-01 in one week.
>>
>> Thank you!
>
> For loongarch64 (UNSUPPORTED entries removed):
>
> XPASS: conform/UNIX98/ndbm.h/linknamespace
> XPASS: conform/XOPEN2K/ndbm.h/linknamespace
> XPASS: conform/XOPEN2K8/ndbm.h/linknamespace
> XPASS: conform/XPG42/ndbm.h/linknamespace
> XPASS: elf/tst-protected1a
> XPASS: elf/tst-protected1b
> Summary of test results:
>    4597 PASS
>      22 UNSUPPORTED
>      12 XFAIL
>       6 XPASS
>
> I'm a Linux From Scratch maintainer and I build LFS on x86_64, aarch64,
> and loongarch64.  May I get a wiki account so I can upload test results
> for them?

Absolutely!

Please follow the instructions here:
https://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/EditorGroup

Myself or others can add you to the EditorGroup to allow you to edit the wiki.

> IIRC elf/tst-protected1a and elf/tst-protected1b have always been
> producing XPASS in the recent years (on various platforms).  Is there
> still a reason to mark them expected to fail?

This is a good question, and I think we should start a new thread and include HJ Lu
in that thread to discuss the expected binutils version that has the fix for all of
the architectures.

--
Cheers,
Carlos.