* Mark Brown stepping down as member of glibc steering committee
       [not found] <2d92b046-e130-734c-2756-a4a36d809761.ref@sbcglobal.net>
@ 2021-04-12 21:42 ` Mark Brown
From: Mark Brown @ 2021-04-12 21:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: libc-alpha

All-

I am stepping down from my position on the Glibc steering committee, effective immediately.

The glibc project and its leadership are doing great things; it's just that my personal life has overtaken me and I have been forced to limit my activities for some time now. I do intend to continue to be a part of the ISO/POSIX standards work, and will do my best to represent glibc and FSF interests in that realm.

Best wishes,

Mark Brown

* Re: Mark Brown stepping down as member of glibc steering committee
@ 2021-04-12 21:57   ` Adhemerval Zanella
From: Adhemerval Zanella @ 2021-04-12 21:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: libc-alpha, Mark Brown

On 12/04/2021 18:42, Mark Brown wrote:
> All-
>
> I am stepping down from my position on the Glibc steering committee, effective immediately.
>
> The glibc project and its leadership are doing great things; it's just that my personal life has overtaken me and I have been forced to limit my activities for some time now. I do intend to continue to be a part of the ISO/POSIX standards work, and will do my best to represent glibc and FSF interests in that realm.
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Mark Brown

Haven't we dissolved the glibc steering committee 10 years ago [1][2]?

[1] https://sourceware.org/pipermail/libc-alpha/2012-March/028224.html
[2] https://sourceware.org/pipermail/libc-alpha/2012-March/028226.html

* Re: Mark Brown stepping down as member of glibc steering committee
@ 2021-04-15  6:13     ` Florian Weimer
From: Florian Weimer @ 2021-04-15  6:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Adhemerval Zanella via Libc-alpha; +Cc: Mark Brown, Adhemerval Zanella

* Adhemerval Zanella via Libc-alpha:

> Haven't we dissolved the glibc steering committee 10 years ago [1][2]?
>
> [1] https://sourceware.org/pipermail/libc-alpha/2012-March/028224.html
> [2] https://sourceware.org/pipermail/libc-alpha/2012-March/028226.html

I think this body continues to exist, indepedently of its name, as long
as its authority is recognized by the GNU project, the regular glibc
contributors, or both.

Mark, thank you for your service.

Florian