* Winter Care
@ 2024-04-17 14:02 Leonie Botha
From: Leonie Botha @ 2024-04-17 14:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bug-glibc

HSA Winter Care Project

NPO:  115-333
PBO: 930043138
Helping SA
065 968 2592
admin(@)hsa-foundation(co.za)/ admin (@) helping-sa(.co.za)

Many children have to go through this winter with blankets that are torn and have holes in them. They have to share one blanket with their siblings. Some have no blanket at all and have to rely on a plastic bag or box to cover themselves.

For these families, it’s difficult just to have bread to eat, not to mention being able to take a few rands and get a blanket. We have situations where children get into fights with their brothers or sisters over a jersey.

The elderly suffer just as much. We have the elderly staying in garages, shacks, and back rooms with raw cement floors, holes in the walls, and broken windows. These are elderly people that the state feel do not qualify for a pension grant. They are also unable to find employment due to their age and illnesses.

The number of deaths rises in the winter months as the cold makes it difficult to fight off viruses and illnesses. The one thing we seldom hear about is the number of deaths of the elderly during the winter months. They have been forgotten by their children, who live on their own in cold back rooms and garages, and most have illnesses such as arthritis, which is already very painful and gets worse with the cold. They will roll up into balls and just try and keep warm, often not being able to get up and find something to eat, most not having a proper meal to start with, resulting in them getting weaker and weaker.

Winter is a beautiful season but a dreadful one for all destitute families, children, and the elderly. It’s the longest month of your existence if you have no warm clothes, no warm bedding, live in a room with raw cement floors, and holes in your roof, and still have to fight off the hunger that overcomes you. Where can they find the strength that they need to overcome all of this?

We need to be that change. We can give them strength. We can lift them up by providing blankets, warm clothing, and warm food. Please help us to make this difference in the lives of those who are suffering so much already.

The children, families, and elderly that we assist are located across South Africa. There are so many that need assistance that we have to start this drive as soon as possible and not wait for when the coldest days are upon us.

It works out to +/- R2200 per month per family for their food parcel. This includes healthy, balanced meals.

It costs around R 800-R1200 for a family of three to get blankets and at least two jerseys and pants.

The fundraising will be done by asking for a R100 donation towards our Hope for Warm project. You can do a bank transfer to help us save on expenses so we can help many more. In return, you will receive a tax (Section 18A) invoice to claim back from tax and a Helping SA Warmth Hope ribbon that we hope you will wear with pride, knowing what a difference you have made.

Here are some examples of what your R100 donation WILL DO:

Feed a child or elderly person for 2 days.
1 pair of warm shoes and socks.
1 set of winter pants or jersey.
1 Jacket.
Warm blanket.
One child will be able to take the bus to school for a week, and there will be no need to walk over 6 km.

You can give hope where there is none!

If you are donating to this worthwhile project, please reply to this email with your details and postal address to ensure you receive your invoice and special ribbon.

Because we procure in bulk, we can assist more with less;
R100 - 2 children or elderly people have food for 2 days.
R500 - 2 children or elderly people have food for 10 days.

R1000 – 2 Children or elderly people have food for 20 days.

R5000 provides food for 2 children or the elderly for three months.

R10’000 – 2 children or elderly have food for 6 months (186 days).

If they feel they can’t take another round of being broken…We are there!
When they are losing faith and every door around them keeps on closing...We are there!

Please visit our site to view our NPO and Section 18A certificates. While you are visiting, please enjoy our pictures and videos.

(To receive copies of our certificates, proof of registration, accounting letters, etc. you can also email the admin department or reply to this email requesting documents.)

We understand we are currently facing tumultuous times, and therefore we know how difficult it is for so many people. We especially feel the impact of it greatly and ask that if you are by any means in a position to assist this project, no matter how small you may think it is, to us it’s huge.
Every R1 counts. Not just does it help to reach our goal, but it inspires knowing that we have supporters in this!
Please help us reach our goal for these scared souls; it would greatly go a long way!

FIRST NATIONAL BANK (FNB)
HELPING SA
ACC NR; 63076100634
BRANCH:  250 655
CURRENT ACCOUNT

Please use your name or the name of your company as a reference.
Thanking you in advance.

With gratitude,
Leonie Botha
Vice-Chairperson/Fundraiser
NPO:  115-333
PBO: 930043138
Helping SA
065 968 2592

Alternative email address: admin (@) hsa-foundation(co.za) / admin (@) helping-sa(.co.za)
 Please CC admin.

Website: (www)helping-sa(co.za)
Please remove brackets on website and email - its added for emailing purposes

"Generosity is defined not by the amount given, but by the manner in which it is offered."

As a result of load shedding, we will work irregular hours.

Please reply with a blank email if you do not want to receive emails from me, and I will not send you anymore. We simply want to help as many people as we can; we don't aim to encroach. I want to say thank you. You may also unsubscribe through email as an alternative. If you are busy, I'd rather not bother you over the telephone, and instead send you an email. You may then choose when you have time to read our email.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2024-04-17 14:04 UTC | newest]