* fsconfig_command in mount.h conflict with kernel headers
@ 2022-07-25 15:36 Khem Raj
From: Khem Raj @ 2022-07-25 15:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: GNU C Library, Adhemerval Zanella

Hi

I am trying the latest trunk on yocto and seeing an issue where some
packages are failing to
compile.  This commit

https://sourceware.org/git/?p=glibc.git;a=commit;h=7eae6a91e9b

seems  related

I have a simple testcase [1] reduced from btrfs-tools, compile it with
linux 5.16 kernel headers and I get these errors [2]

There is a list of packages failing to build ( riscv target ) [3]

[1] http://sprunge.us/pE9sby
[2] http://sprunge.us/HQ8z9l
[3] https://errors.yoctoproject.org/Errors/Build/149282/

Thanks
-Khem

* Re: fsconfig_command in mount.h conflict with kernel headers
@ 2022-07-25 15:43 ` Siddhesh Poyarekar
From: Siddhesh Poyarekar @ 2022-07-25 15:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Khem Raj, GNU C Library, Adhemerval Zanella

On 2022-07-25 11:36, Khem Raj via Libc-alpha wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am trying the latest trunk on yocto and seeing an issue where some
> packages are failing to
> compile.  This commit
>
> https://sourceware.org/git/?p=glibc.git;a=commit;h=7eae6a91e9b
>
> seems  related
>
> I have a simple testcase [1] reduced from btrfs-tools, compile it with
> linux 5.16 kernel headers and I get these errors [2]
>
> There is a list of packages failing to build ( riscv target ) [3]
>
> [1] http://sprunge.us/pE9sby
> [2] http://sprunge.us/HQ8z9l
> [3] https://errors.yoctoproject.org/Errors/Build/149282/

Hah, I was looking at exactly this right now; efivars is also failing to
build[1] due to this.

Sid

[1]
https://download.copr.fedorainfracloud.org/results/siddhesh/mpb.1/fedora-rawhide-x86_64/04659522-efivar/builder-live.log.gz

* Re: fsconfig_command in mount.h conflict with kernel headers
@ 2022-07-25 15:51   ` Adhemerval Zanella Netto
From: Adhemerval Zanella Netto @ 2022-07-25 15:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Siddhesh Poyarekar, Khem Raj, GNU C Library

On 25/07/22 12:43, Siddhesh Poyarekar wrote:

> On 2022-07-25 11:36, Khem Raj via Libc-alpha wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I am trying the latest trunk on yocto and seeing an issue where some
>> packages are failing to
>> compile.  This commit
>>
>> https://sourceware.org/git/?p=glibc.git;a=commit;h=7eae6a91e9b
>>
>> seems  related
>>
>> I have a simple testcase [1] reduced from btrfs-tools, compile it with
>> linux 5.16 kernel headers and I get these errors [2]
>>
>> There is a list of packages failing to build ( riscv target ) [3]
>>
>> [1] http://sprunge.us/pE9sby
>> [2] http://sprunge.us/HQ8z9l
>> [3] https://errors.yoctoproject.org/Errors/Build/149282/
>
> Hah, I was looking at exactly this right now; efivars is also failing to build[1] due to this.
>
> Sid
>
> [1] https://download.copr.fedorainfracloud.org/results/siddhesh/mpb.1/fedora-rawhide-x86_64/04659522-efivar/builder-live.log.gz

So we have release note about this [1], and some projects already fixed.
Mixing glibc and Linux is a constantly source of headaches, not sure which
would be most feasible approach here.

[1] https://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/Release/2.36