* Monday Patch Queue Review update (2023-01-16)
@ 2023-01-16 14:42 Carlos O'Donell
From: Carlos O'Donell @ 2023-01-16 14:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: libc-alpha

Most recent meeting status is always here:
https://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/PatchworkReviewMeetings#Update

Meeting: 2023-01-16 @ 0900h EST5EDT

Video/Audio: https://bbb.linuxfoundation.org/room/adm-alk-1uu-7fu

IRC: #glibc on OFTC.

Review new patches and restart review at the top.

 * Status NEW delegate NOBODY 247 patches.
 * Carlos' SLI at 160 days.
 * Two weeks until 2.37 release.
 * ABI freeze.
 * Remove --with-default-link option
  * Carlos reviewing the changes.
  * Florian to review the vtable hardening bits.
 * Status of posix_spawn with clone3?
  * New version sent with comments fixed.
  * https://patchwork.sourceware.org/project/glibc/list/?series=15920
  * Assembly impl removed. Only x86_64 and aarch64.
 * Discussed the C2X impl additions.
  * Adhemerval noted that he's reviewed the strtol changes, but it adds a lot of new symbols.
  * Carlos to post to the list and suggest scanf binary constant handling get reviews but committed only once 2.38 opens for development.
  * Adhemerval: Makes sense for next release and both should go in at the same release.
 * Discussed aarch64 optimizations from Wilco.
  * Szabolcs: Fairly safe, but could cause performance regressions on cores that we haven't benchmarked.
  * Carlos: I'm OK with those going into 2.37.
  * Carlos will reply on the first patch that it's OK going in now, but we want to avoid further changes to allow machine maintainers to test next week.
 * [v1,1/2] nptl: Changes tests to be 1/line and sorted
  * [v1,2/2] nptl: Add a testcase for inputs racey to {w}memcmp{eq} BZ #29863
   * Carlos talked to HJ to review.
   * Noah and Carlos agreed to delay to 2.37.
 * Desirable for release: AMD cache patch:
   * https://sourceware.org/pipermail/libc-alpha/2022-December/143989.html
   * Restricted to AMD cpus.
   * Reviewed-by: for Pram.
   * Should be OK to go in this week.
 * Carlos still to look at pthread condvar signal stealing for 2.37 this week.

--
Cheers,
Carlos.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2023-01-16 14:42 UTC | newest]