* [kenneth.schalk@compaq.com] libc/2226: rpc/rpc_msg.h incorrect on Alpha
@ 2001-05-01  8:48 Andreas Jaeger
From: Andreas Jaeger @ 2001-05-01  8:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: libc-alpha; +Cc: kenneth.schalk

Hi glibc developer,s

Here's a bug report against 2.1.3 that is also valid for 2.2.3.

What should be done?

Andreas

* Re: [kenneth.schalk@compaq.com] libc/2226: rpc/rpc_msg.h incorrect on Alpha
@ 2001-05-01  9:11 ` Thorsten Kukuk
From: Thorsten Kukuk @ 2001-05-01  9:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Jaeger; +Cc: libc-alpha, kenneth.schalk

On Tue, May 01, Andreas Jaeger wrote:

> Hi glibc developer,s
>
> Here's a bug report against 2.1.3 that is also valid for 2.2.3.
>
> What should be done?

We can nothing do without breaking all RPC applications on Alpha.
This mistake was done at the very first Alpha port.
Even fixing it in glibc with a new symbol version for backward
compatibility breaks a lot of old programs.

  Thorsten

--
Thorsten Kukuk       http://www.suse.de/~kukuk/        kukuk@suse.de
SuSE GmbH            Schanzaeckerstr. 10             90443 Nuernberg

* Re: [kenneth.schalk@compaq.com] libc/2226: rpc/rpc_msg.h incorrect on Alpha
@ 2001-05-01 11:48   ` Andreas Schwab
From: Andreas Schwab @ 2001-05-01 11:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thorsten Kukuk; +Cc: Andreas Jaeger, libc-alpha, kenneth.schalk