public inbox for libc-hacker@sourceware.org
* mq support etc
@ 2004-04-13  5:34 Ulrich Drepper
From: Ulrich Drepper @ 2004-04-13  5:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: GNU libc hacker

As you can see, the POSIX message queue support is in.  Mostly written
by Jakub, I write the mq_notify code for SIGEV_THREAD.  Works nicely on
x86.  Now we are all waiting for the other archs to catch up.

I've also added Roland's test case for the POSIX timer removal.  This
means the tst-timer3 test will fail unless the machine uses a recent
kernel or uses the userlevel implementation.

* Re: mq support etc
@ 2004-04-13  7:20 ` Andreas Jaeger
From: Andreas Jaeger @ 2004-04-13  7:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ulrich Drepper; +Cc: GNU libc hacker

Ulrich Drepper <drepper@redhat.com> writes:

> As you can see, the POSIX message queue support is in.  Mostly written
> by Jakub, I write the mq_notify code for SIGEV_THREAD.  Works nicely on
> x86.  Now we are all waiting for the other archs to catch up.

Thanks!

Looking through the patches, the only patch that looks do be done for
other archs is the following in linuxthreads:
	* sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/i386/sysdep-cancel.h (CENABLE): Define
	for librt.
	(CDISABLE): Likewise.

Is that correct?

Andreas
--
 Andreas Jaeger, aj@suse.de, http://www.suse.de/~aj
  SUSE Linux AG, Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 188 bytes --]

* Re: mq support etc
@ 2004-04-13 13:47   ` Ulrich Drepper
From: Ulrich Drepper @ 2004-04-13 13:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Jaeger; +Cc: GNU libc hacker

Andreas Jaeger wrote:

> Looking through the patches, the only patch that looks do be done for
> other archs is the following in linuxthreads:
> 	* sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/i386/sysdep-cancel.h (CENABLE): Define
> 	for librt.
> 	(CDISABLE): Likewise.

The libc  side is done, yes, but the kernel isn't.  Which means the libc
side awaits testing as well.