public inbox for libc-hacker@sourceware.org
* 2.2.6 release soon?
@ 2002-08-20 18:03 Roland McGrath
From: Roland McGrath @ 2002-08-20 18:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: GNU libc hackers

It seems to me it is about time to have a 2.2.6 release.  For a stable
bug-fixes-only fork, 2.2.x has gone a long time and a lot of bug fixes
without another minor release (over 6 months and 1300 lines of log entries).

Since it is the stable fork, I am expecting there won't be a lot of testing
and fixing required before this release (more people are already using a
state close to 2.2-branch tip than are still using 2.2.5 now).

Is there anything that should go into the 2.2 branch (necessary bug fixes
only) that anyone knows to be missing?  Other comments?

Thanks,
Roland

* Re: 2.2.6 release soon?
@ 2002-08-21  0:28 ` Andreas Jaeger
From: Andreas Jaeger @ 2002-08-21  0:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Roland McGrath; +Cc: GNU libc hackers

Roland McGrath <roland@frob.com> writes:

> It seems to me it is about time to have a 2.2.6 release.  For a stable
> bug-fixes-only fork, 2.2.x has gone a long time and a lot of bug fixes
> without another minor release (over 6 months and 1300 lines of log entries).
>
> Since it is the stable fork, I am expecting there won't be a lot of testing
> and fixing required before this release (more people are already using a
> state close to 2.2-branch tip than are still using 2.2.5 now).
>
> Is there anything that should go into the 2.2 branch (necessary bug fixes
> only) that anyone knows to be missing?  Other comments?

I'll just check that everything is in for x86-64 - and if it is, I
would welcome a release.

Andreas
--
 Andreas Jaeger