public inbox for libc-hacker@sourceware.org
* why _LIBC for isomac?
@ 2002-08-04 21:22 Roland McGrath
From: Roland McGrath @ 2002-08-04 21:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: GNU libc hackers

Why does isomac use -D_LIBC for its header examinations at all?  That
doesn't seem appropriate, since it should be testing the headers as seen by
a user program.  If _LIBC is needed for some reason in the libc build
environment, it should use -DNOT_IN_libc to avoid the internal magic.

* Re: why _LIBC for isomac?
@ 2002-08-04 21:34 ` Ulrich Drepper
From: Ulrich Drepper @ 2002-08-04 21:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Roland McGrath; +Cc: GNU libc hackers

Roland McGrath wrote:
> Why does isomac use -D_LIBC for its header examinations at all?  That
> doesn't seem appropriate, since it should be testing the headers as seen by
> a user program.  If _LIBC is needed for some reason in the libc build
> environment, it should use -DNOT_IN_libc to avoid the internal magic.

I don not remember anymore why it was added but there was a reason.  You
probably can rediscover it by simply removing the #define.

* Re: why _LIBC for isomac?
@ 2002-08-05  2:41 ` Andreas Schwab
From: Andreas Schwab @ 2002-08-05  2:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Roland McGrath; +Cc: GNU libc hackers

Roland McGrath <roland@frob.com> writes:

|> Why does isomac use -D_LIBC for its header examinations at all?

Because <gnu/stubs.h> does not exist until after installation.  It is
generated on the fly by the toplevel makefile.

Andreas.

SuSE Linux AG, Deutschherrnstr. 15-19, D-90429 Nürnberg