public inbox for libc-hacker@sourceware.org
* POLL* constants
@ 1999-08-26  6:58 Mark Kettenis
From: Mark Kettenis @ 1999-08-26  6:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: libc-hacker

In `sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/bits/poll.h', POLLWRNORM differs from
POLLOUT.  The relevant standards (Unix98, the new X/Open Issue 6
draft) document POLLOUT as `Same value as POLLWRNORM'.  Some of the
other architectures indeed have

   #define POLLWRNORM POLLOUT

Does anybody know why POLLWRNORM and POLLOUT are seperate bits?

By the way, does anyone know what POLLMSG supposed to mean.  I cannot
find any documentation on it, and it is never used in the Linux kernel
sources at all.  Maybe we should remove it?

Mark

* Re: POLL* constants
@ 1999-08-26  7:14 ` Andreas Schwab
From: Andreas Schwab @ 1999-08-26  7:14 UTC (permalink / raw)