public inbox for libc-hacker@sourceware.org
* Question about dummy-db.h
@ 2000-01-04  6:51 Andreas Jaeger
From: Andreas Jaeger @ 2000-01-04  6:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: GNU libc hacker

Hi Uli,

I'm currently trying to enhance the nss_db support to use db 3.0.55 -
and double check your work.

I noticed that struct dbc27 contains:
  uint32_t lock[14];

and I don't seem to be able to count until 14 :-(.  The entry looks
wrong to me.
I would have written (as you did for dbc24):
  struct{
    uint32_t pgno;
    uint8_t fileid[20];
  } lock;

and this gives only 6 uint_32_t.  Did I miscount something?

Andreas
--
 Andreas Jaeger
  SuSE Labs aj@suse.de

* Re: Question about dummy-db.h
@ 2000-01-04 12:05 ` Ulrich Drepper
From: Ulrich Drepper @ 2000-01-04 12:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Jaeger; +Cc: GNU libc hacker

Andreas Jaeger <aj@suse.de> writes:

> I noticed that struct dbc27 contains:
>   uint32_t lock[14];
>
> and I don't seem to be able to count until 14 :-(.  The entry looks
> wrong to me.

I don't recall anymore where I looked.  The problem is that db2
interface changes happen from almost every version to the next.  It's
extremely volatile and we might have to add more distinctions.

I'll try to talk to Keith about this problem.