public inbox for libc-hacker@sourceware.org
* anybody handling the LCK64 stuff?
@ 1999-12-13  9:32 Ulrich Drepper
From: Ulrich Drepper @ 1999-12-13  9:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: GNU libc hacker

Can anybody handle adding the LCK64 stuff?  I think it will have to be
similar to the truncate64 code where we fall back on the LCK methods
if the kernel is not supporting it.

* Re: anybody handling the LCK64 stuff?
@ 1999-12-13 11:30 ` Andreas Jaeger
From: Andreas Jaeger @ 1999-12-13 11:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ulrich Drepper; +Cc: GNU libc hacker

 > Can anybody handle adding the LCK64 stuff?  I think it will have to be
 > similar to the truncate64 code where we fall back on the LCK methods
 > if the kernel is not supporting it.

I'll handle it tomorrow (in 12 hours time) - and I'll handle future
kernel updates as well if possible.  I'll send patches to the list
when I'm ready.

Andreas
--
 Andreas Jaeger
  SuSE Labs aj@suse.de

* Re: anybody handling the LCK64 stuff?
@ 1999-12-14  1:44 ` Andreas Jaeger
From: Andreas Jaeger @ 1999-12-14  1:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ulrich Drepper; +Cc: GNU libc hacker

 > Can anybody handle adding the LCK64 stuff?  I think it will have to be
 > similar to the truncate64 code where we fall back on the LCK methods
 > if the kernel is not supporting it.

The patch didn't go into 2.3.32 final - and it had some problems.

For Mips, the numbers were wrong.  There were duplicates:
#define F_GETLK         14
#define F_SETLKW64      14

And there were no defines and no structure for Sparc32.

Ok, let's wait for 2.3.33.  If it will be in 2.3.33, I make a patch.
Andreas