public inbox for libc-hacker@sourceware.org
* math test suite
@ 1999-10-24 15:05 Ulrich Drepper
From: Ulrich Drepper @ 1999-10-24 15:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: GNU libc hacker

Hi,

Just a short note that I have now fixed all the problems with the x86
math testing.  It should work again.  This also means I'd love to get
appropriate definitions of the delta file for other architectures.

* Re: math test suite
@ 1999-10-24 19:24 ` Scott Bambrough
From: Scott Bambrough @ 1999-10-24 19:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ulrich Drepper, GNU libc hacker

> From: Ulrich Drepper <drepper@cygnus.com>
> Just a short note that I have now fixed all the problems with the x86
> math testing.  It should work again.  This also means I'd love to get
> appropriate definitions of the delta file for other architectures.

I tried building the mainline on the NetWinder late last week.  Most of the
math test failed from a cursory glance at the logs.  The NWFPE also spat out
an extraordinary number of floating point exceptions.  I haven't
investigated the cause yet or determined if they were valid.

More later this week after I have a chance to investigate.

Scott

* Re: math test suite
@ 1999-10-24 23:19   ` Andreas Jaeger
From: Andreas Jaeger @ 1999-10-24 23:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Scott Bambrough; +Cc: Ulrich Drepper, GNU libc hacker

>> From: Ulrich Drepper <drepper@cygnus.com>
>> Just a short note that I have now fixed all the problems with the x86
>> math testing.  It should work again.  This also means I'd love to get
>> appropriate definitions of the delta file for other architectures.

Scott> I tried building the mainline on the NetWinder late last week.  Most of the
Scott> math test failed from a cursory glance at the logs.  The NWFPE also spat out
Scott> an extraordinary number of floating point exceptions.  I haven't
Scott> investigated the cause yet or determined if they were valid.
They should be valid.  I've coded everything with a ISO C9x draft and
the IEEE 754 standard besides me.  But if you've got any doubts or
questions, just ask me.

Scott> More later this week after I have a chance to investigate.

Andreas
--
 Andreas Jaeger
  SuSE Linux Labs aj@suse.de