* Question about setjmp_aux.c on MIPS
@ 2020-11-26 12:03 Huang Pei
From: Huang Pei @ 2020-11-26 12:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: libc-help

Hi everyone,

I add 'dummy' event to do_cpu in Linux/MIPS, and use perf tool with
Uprobe and dummy event, found my CU1 exception came from ld.so

For ld.so, it is not intended to use floating point instruction, but the
__sigsetjmp from _dl_catch_exception touch FP regs repeatedly as loading
DSOs, which cause unneeded FP context saving and restoring between tasks
that does not use FP at all, I wonder if this can be avoided.

+. MIPS, link other RISC with hard floating point suppport need to save
callee-saved FP in setjmp_aux.c, but setjmp.S for x86/x86_64 DOES NOT
save any x87/SSE regs, does anyone know why?

+. Does MIPS need to save MSA reg as PowerPC does for VSX in setjmp_aux.c?

+. I see x86/x86-64/ARM64 say no need to save sigmask in ld.so, can MIPS
does this too?