* How to change the soname of ld-linux.so.x?
@ 2024-01-20 14:31 William Tang
From: William Tang @ 2024-01-20 14:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: libc-help

Hi all,

I have an ARM target system which uses their own toolchain, the soname
of the dynamic linker of their toolchain is ld-linux.so.3.  However,
my cross compile toolchain has a default soname of
ld-linux-armhf.so.3. What's the configure option of glibc to change
this?

Thanks,
William

* Re: How to change the soname of ld-linux.so.x?
@ 2024-01-20 16:53 ` Florian Weimer
From: Florian Weimer @ 2024-01-20 16:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: William Tang via Libc-help; +Cc: William Tang

* William Tang via Libc-help:

> I have an ARM target system which uses their own toolchain, the soname
> of the dynamic linker of their toolchain is ld-linux.so.3.  However,
> my cross compile toolchain has a default soname of
> ld-linux-armhf.so.3. What's the configure option of glibc to change
> this?

Usually, this happens automatically when you configure glibc for the
appropriate ABI (probaby arm-*-linux-gnueabi here, and not
arm-*-linux-gnueabihf).  This should happen automatically if you use a
GCC that hasn't been configured with --with-float=hard.

Thanks,
Florian