* Old pre 2.0 glibc releases
@ 2020-01-29 17:12 Viktor Ostashevskyi
From: Viktor Ostashevskyi @ 2020-01-29 17:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: libc-help

Hello,

Is there a place where it is possible to get old pre 2.0 glibc releases or
snapshots?

I've managed to find following tarballs in the net:
 - 1.03
 - 1.04
 - 1.05
 - 1.06
 - 1.06.4
 - 1.07
 - 1.08.1
 - 1.09
 - 1.09.1

Also thanks to diffs floating on different sites I've managed to
reconstruct:
 - 1.00
 - 1.01
 - 1.02

Does anybody have anything else? Maybe crypt addon for old releases? Or
snapshots for dates between 1.09 and 2.0?

--
З повагою, Осташевський Віктор

* Re: Old pre 2.0 glibc releases
@ 2020-01-29 17:21 ` Carlos O'Donell
From: Carlos O'Donell @ 2020-01-29 17:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Viktor Ostashevskyi, libc-help, Roland McGrath

On 1/29/20 12:12 PM, Viktor Ostashevskyi wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is there a place where it is possible to get old pre 2.0 glibc releases or
> snapshots?
>
> I've managed to find following tarballs in the net:
>  - 1.03
>  - 1.04
>  - 1.05
>  - 1.06
>  - 1.06.4
>  - 1.07
>  - 1.08.1
>  - 1.09
>  - 1.09.1
>
> Also thanks to diffs floating on different sites I've managed to
> reconstruct:
>  - 1.00
>  - 1.01
>  - 1.02
>
> Does anybody have anything else? Maybe crypt addon for old releases? Or
> snapshots for dates between 1.09 and 2.0?

I'm not aware of any other place to look other than:
https://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/libc/

I've included Roland on the TO: since he might be able to track this down.

May I ask what you goal is in finding the old releases?

--
Cheers,
Carlos.

* Re: Old pre 2.0 glibc releases
@ 2020-01-29 17:29   ` Viktor Ostashevskyi
From: Viktor Ostashevskyi @ 2020-01-29 17:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carlos O'Donell; +Cc: libc-help, Roland McGrath

Hello,

ср, 29 січ. 2020 о 18:21 Carlos O'Donell <codonell@redhat.com> пише:

> On 1/29/20 12:12 PM, Viktor Ostashevskyi wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Is there a place where it is possible to get old pre 2.0 glibc releases
> or
> > snapshots?
> >

> I'm not aware of any other place to look other than:
> https://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/libc/
>
> I've included Roland on the TO: since he might be able to track this down.
>
> May I ask what you goal is in finding the old releases?

Software archaeology :) Trying to investigate how glibc was developed and
evolved in early days. Glibc CVS tree helps a lot, but looks that some
files are missing from for some reason till 1995, also some files were
renamed by changing RCS file name, some files were removed completely from
CVS, etc.

--
З повагою, Осташевський Віктор