* Does NPTL no longer support wait morphing?
@ 2020-10-27 21:29 Mark Mossberg
From: Mark Mossberg @ 2020-10-27 21:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: libc-help

Hello,

I was under the impression that glibc supports the "wait morphing"
optimization for condition variables. This applies when a condition
variable is signaled while the mutex is still locked. The optimization
is supposed to defer signaling to the mutex unlock to avoid waking the
waiting thread and then having it immediately lock again.

I looked in pthread_cond_signal.c and don't see any sign of it. Was it
removed at some point? I'm interested in reading the discussion about
that decision if it is available.

Thanks,
Mark

only message in thread, other threads:[~2020-10-27 21:29 UTC | newest]