* Pass rootsbindir to configure via command line
@ 2023-04-30 13:09 Manuel Jacob
From: Manuel Jacob @ 2023-04-30 13:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: libc-help

Hi,

I’d like to set rootsbindir. There is no option --rootsbindir. Passing
rootsbindir=… to the configure script via command line has no effect.
Linux From Scratch
(https://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/stable/chapter08/glibc.html)
passes libc_cv_slibdir=… to set slibdir. libc_cv_rootsbindir also
exists, but passing it via command line doesn’t have any effect.

I know that setting libc_cv_rootsbindir is possible via the configparms
file. Is that the only way? Passing libc_cv_slibdir via command line
works, so I wonder whether I missed something.

Thanks,
Manuel

* Re: Pass rootsbindir to configure via command line
@ 2023-05-18 12:29 ` Adhemerval Zanella Netto
From: Adhemerval Zanella Netto @ 2023-05-18 12:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Manuel Jacob, libc-help

On 30/04/23 10:09, Manuel Jacob wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I’d like to set rootsbindir. There is no option --rootsbindir. Passing rootsbindir=… to the configure script via command line has no effect. Linux From Scratch (https://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/stable/chapter08/glibc.html) passes libc_cv_slibdir=… to set slibdir. libc_cv_rootsbindir also exists, but passing it via command line doesn’t have any effect.
>
> I know that setting libc_cv_rootsbindir is possible via the configparms file. Is that the only way? Passing libc_cv_slibdir via command line works, so I wonder whether I missed something.

Unfortunately I think so. The --sbindir and alike option are autogenerated by
autoconf and its latest version does not seems to have support for
--rootsbindir [1].

But I think it might make sense for split-usr configurations, although we only
install two programs using rootsdir (ldconfig and sln).

[1] https://www.gnu.org/software/autoconf/manual/autoconf-2.71/html_node/Installation-Directory-Variables.html