* gai.conf to use "NATted" ULA subnet?
@ 2019-09-19 14:52 Ian Pilcher
From: Ian Pilcher @ 2019-09-19 14:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: libc-help

I have been testing IPv6 on my home network, and I discovered that my
Linux (Fedora & CentOS) systems are preferring IPv4 connections.  As I
understand it, this is happening because I am using "NATted" ULAs.

My ISP will do prefix delegation, but the prefix isn't static, and I
have a number of VLANs and subnets with static addresses, DNS records,
and internal routing/firewall rules.  Re-configuring the whole network
for a different prefix would be a massive pain, so I've chosen to
essentially mirror my IPv4 setup for now.

I've reviewed the gai.conf man page, the provided example, and various
articles and blog posts, but I haven't been able to find anything that
describes how I can tell getaddrinfo to treat ULA addresses as if they
were "proper" global IPv6 addresses.

Any pointers would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Ian Pilcher                                         arequipeno@gmail.com
-------- "I grew up before Mark Zuckerberg invented friendship" --------

only message in thread, other threads:[~2019-09-19 14:52 UTC | newest]