public inbox for libffi-discuss@sourceware.org
* Snakebite and libffi
@ 2012-11-27 11:43 Trent Nelson
From: Trent Nelson @ 2012-11-27 11:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: libffi-discuss

Hi folks,

    I'd like to invite libffi to join Snakebite.  It's an open source
    development network I created based on my experience as a Python
    committer.  As Python's ctypes module is entirely dependent upon
    libffi, it makes sense to get you guys on board as well.

    What "joining Snakebite" means today: you get ssh access to all of
    the Snakebite servers via a shared 'libffi' account and I'll set up
    anything else you need in order to assist libffi development.

    A sample from-scratch Snakebite session for a Python comitter:

% cd ~
% svn co https://svn.snakebite.net/.snakebite
% cd .snakebite
% sh snakebite.subr
Created link for 'sb'.
Created link for 'sbctl'.
Created link for 'sbx'.
Created link for 'sby'.
Testing connection.........done.
Getting a list of your projects...done.
Looking up your username for project 'cpython'...done.
Getting project details for 'trent.nelson@cpython'...done.
Setting current project to 'cpython'...done.
Trent, you're now configured for cpython.  Enjoy!
Logged you in from 35.11.55.122.
|                           Available Hosts                            |
|                 (Last Update: 2012-11-26 10:06:44Z)                  |
| Alias |        OS       |   Arch   |     CPUs     | RAM  | Compilers |
+-------|-----------------|----------|--------------|------|-----------+
|     a5|AIX 5.3          | PowerPC  |    2 @ 1.4GHz|   6GB|           |
|     a7|AIX 7.1          | PowerPC  |    2 @ 1.4GHz|   8GB|xlc121     |
|     d3|DragonFly 3.0.2  |   x64    |    1 @ 3.2GHz|   2GB|gcc        |
|    d3x|DragonFly 3.0.2  |   x86    |    1 @ 3.2GHz|   2GB|gcc        |
|     f9|FreeBSD 9.1      |   x64    |    1 @ 3.2GHz|   2GB|gcc        |
|     h2|HP-UX 11iv2      | PA-RISC  |    2 @ 875MHz|   8GB|hpacc0395  |
|     h3|HP-UX 11iv3      | Itanium2 |    4 @ 1.3GHz|  64GB|hpacc0626  |
|     i6|IRIX 6.5.30      |   MIPS   |    4 @ 500MHz|   4GB|gcc34      |
|    n51|NetBSD 5.1.2     |   x64    |    1 @ 3.2GHz|   2GB|gcc        |
|   n51x|NetBSD 5.1.2     |   x86    |    1 @ 3.2GHz|   2GB|gcc        |
|     x8|OS X 10.8        |   x64    |  4x2 @ 3.2GHz|  32GB|clang4     |
|    o51|OpenBSD 5.1      |   x64    |    1 @ 3.2GHz|   2GB|gcc        |
|   o51x|OpenBSD 5.1      |   x86    |    1 @ 3.2GHz|   2GB|gcc        |
|    s10|Solaris 10       |  SPARC   |    2 @ 1.2GHz|   8GB|suncc123   |
|    s11|Solaris 11       |   x64    |    2 @ 2.4GHz|  16GB|suncc123   |
|      z|Solaris 11       |   x64    |  4x2 @ 2.6GHz|  32GB|suncc123   |
|     s9|Solaris 9        |  SPARC   |    2 @ 900MHz|   8GB|suncc123   |
|     t5|Tru64 5.1B       |  Alpha   |    4 @ 667MHz|   7GB|cc65       |
Enter alias (^C to exit):

    You can then enter any alias in the list and it'll ssh you into that
    box.

    I have no idea if you guys use any continuous integration or buildbot
    facilities, if you do, you can set up slaves/whatever on any or all
    of the boxes.

    Almost all of the non-x86/x64 platforms currently have issues with
    ctypes/libffi, so there are lots of juicy issues to sink your teeth
    into if you're that way inclined.

    (Sample issue: http://bugs.python.org/issue16275.)

    Interested?  All I need to get started is ssh keys for developers;
    it's probably easier to organize this offline with whoever mediates
    committer access currently.

    Website for a little more info: http://www.snakebite.net.

    Regards,

        Trent.

--
http://www.snakebite.net | @trentnelson

only message in thread, other threads:[~2012-11-27 11:43 UTC | newest]