public inbox for libffi-discuss@sourceware.org
* Some libffi updates
@ 2019-09-19 18:29 Anthony Green
From: Anthony Green @ 2019-09-19 18:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: libffi-discuss; +Cc: DJ Delorie, fweimer

Yesterday, in Montreal, DJ Delorie, Florian Weimer and I had a little
libffi meeting ...

A new libffi release was the #1 topic.  My main concern here is making sure
we haven't broken the ABI since the last release.   DJ pointed out that we
can use libabigail  ( https://sourceware.org/libabigail/  ) as part of the
build/CI process , comparing the output to the current Fedora libffi (for
instance).  I believe that he's going to try to make this happen.

I think the only Travis CI failure right now is related to apt-get refusing
to pull moxie toolchain packages from an insecure (http-only) repo.  I'm
just going to let's-encrypt up some certs to fix that soon.  I haven't
checked the appveyor results in a while.

The second topic was related to an idea Florian had to eliminate the need
for RWX memory or the selinux hacks on x86 Linux.  It seems like a great
idea, and I hope we'll see patches sometime in the future.

In addition, as a result of this meeting, I have enabled libffi repo commit
access for DJ.  Thanks for your help DJ!

AG

* Re: Some libffi updates
@ 2019-09-23 22:44 ` DJ Delorie
From: DJ Delorie @ 2019-09-23 22:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Anthony Green; +Cc: libffi-discuss, fweimer

Anthony Green <green@moxielogic.com> writes:
> Yesterday, in Montreal, DJ Delorie, Florian Weimer and I had a little
> libffi meeting ...

Very "little" :-)

> A new libffi release was the #1 topic.  My main concern here is making sure
> we haven't broken the ABI since the last release.   DJ pointed out that we
> can use libabigail  ( https://sourceware.org/libabigail/  ) as part of the
> build/CI process , comparing the output to the current Fedora libffi (for
> instance).  I believe that he's going to try to make this happen.

Yup!

> In addition, as a result of this meeting, I have enabled libffi repo commit
> access for DJ.  Thanks for your help DJ!

You're welcome!  And thank you for meeting with us!

* Re: Some libffi updates
@ 2019-10-08 10:48 ` Anthony Green
From: Anthony Green @ 2019-10-08 10:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: libffi-discuss; +Cc: DJ Delorie, fweimer

On Thu, Sep 19, 2019 at 2:29 PM Anthony Green <green@moxielogic.com> wrote:

> I think the only Travis CI failure right now is related to apt-get
> refusing to pull moxie toolchain packages from an insecure (http-only)
> repo.  I'm just going to let's-encrypt up some certs to fix that soon.

Ok, this has been done and we're getting clean build results again.

AG