public inbox for libstdc++@gcc.gnu.org
* Interest in trying to implement P2643R2 atomic features
@ 2024-04-08 12:21 Teodor Spæren
From: Teodor Spæren @ 2024-04-08 12:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: libstdc++

Hey!

My name is Teodor and I would be interested in trying to implement the
new features described in
https://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2024/p2643r2.html

I've not contributed to libstdc++ or gcc before, but I think this might
be a good first area, as it's mostly reusing the already implemented
internals. The work I would want to do, would involve implementing the
new additions and write simple tests to check for behavior.

I was told to email here to ask about if this is something that sounds
reasonable and how I would get started on this process.

The second question I have, is that I would be interested in trying to
maybe implement this in LLVM also. As far as I understand this would not
be an issue, but I want to ask about it, if there are potential
licensing issues.

I don't have a timeline on the completion of the work, but I don't
expect it to happen overnight as there will be many new things to learn
as I try to modify the std for the first time.

I hope I can be of help,

Teodor Spæren

only message in thread, other threads:[~2024-04-08 12:21 UTC | newest]