public inbox for libstdc++@gcc.gnu.org
* Can we replace memory allocation in eh_alloc.cc with operator new(std::size_t) and operator delete(void*,std::size_t) noexcept
@ 2021-02-26  0:18 sotrdg sotrdg
From: sotrdg sotrdg @ 2021-02-26  0:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: libstdc++

Because freestanding C++ probably does not provide malloc/free.

BTW. That will allow some performance improvement when we override global new/global delete.

* Re: Can we replace memory allocation in eh_alloc.cc with operator new(std::size_t) and operator delete(void*,std::size_t) noexcept
@ 2021-02-27 13:07 ` Jonathan Wakely
From: Jonathan Wakely @ 2021-02-27 13:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sotrdg sotrdg; +Cc: libstdc++

On 26/02/21 00:18 +0000, sotrdg sotrdg via Libstdc++ wrote:
>Because freestanding C++ probably does not provide malloc/free.
>
>BTW. That will allow some performance improvement when we override global new/global delete.

What will happen when operator new tries to throw bad_alloc?