public inbox for libstdc++@gcc.gnu.org
* experimental simd PPC fails without VSX?
@ 2021-03-15  1:04 Iain Sandoe
From: Iain Sandoe @ 2021-03-15  1:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: libstdc++; +Cc: kretz

Hi Folks,

on powerpc-darwin9 (m64) ...

FAIL: experimental/simd/standard_abi_usable.cc -maltivec -O2 -Wno-psabi
(test for excess errors)
FAIL: experimental/simd/standard_abi_usable_2.cc -maltivec -O2 -Wno-psabi
(test for excess errors)

It seems that testing __ALTIVEC__ is not sufficient, since the tests need
an ISA that supports double ops?

I’m not sure if the conditions need amending, or if the simd suite is just
unusable on a machine with only support for 32b float/int vector ops?

(depending on the answer to that, we need to figure out the amendment, or
skip the suite for < power7)

thanks
Iain

only message in thread, other threads:[~2021-03-15  1:04 UTC | newest]