public inbox for mauve-discuss@sourceware.org
* java.io Directory Structure
@ 2002-09-20 15:42 Daryl Lee
From: Daryl Lee @ 2002-09-20 15:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mauve Discuss

I have recently signed up to complete the JDK 1.1 test suite for java.io.  I notice that, unlike most of the other packages, this one does not have a directory structure that has a one-to-one correspondence to the package classes.  Before I proceed, I would like to reconstruct the gnu/testlet/java/io directory along API lines.  Before doing so, I would like to find out if there are objections.  If you have any comments, please post them.  I'll let this proposal percolate for a week before taking any action in the repository.
--
Daryl Lee
Marietta, GA

* Re: java.io Directory Structure
@ 2002-09-20 16:25 ` Tom Tromey
From: Tom Tromey @ 2002-09-20 16:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daryl Lee; +Cc: Mauve Discuss

Daryl> I have recently signed up to complete the JDK 1.1 test suite
Daryl> for java.io.

Cool!

Daryl> I notice that, unlike most of the other packages, this one does
Daryl> not have a directory structure that has a one-to-one
Daryl> correspondence to the package classes.  Before I proceed, I
Daryl> would like to reconstruct the gnu/testlet/java/io directory
Daryl> along API lines.

What needs to be changed?

Maybe search the list archives and see if someone did this on purpose,
and what their reasoning was.

That said, it is fine with me.

Tom

* Re: java.io Directory Structure
@ 2002-09-21 12:24 ` Aaron M. Renn
From: Aaron M. Renn @ 2002-09-21 12:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daryl Lee; +Cc: Mauve Discuss

Daryl Lee (dlee@altaregos.com) wrote:
> I have recently signed up to complete the JDK 1.1 test suite for java.io.  I notice that, unlike most of the other packages, this one does not have a directory structure that has a one-to-one correspondence to the package classes.  Before I proceed, I would like to reconstruct the gnu/testlet/java/io directory along API lines.  Before doing so, I would like to find out if there are objections.  If you have any comments, please post them.  I'll let this proposal percolate for a week before taking any action in the repository.

Daryl,

I believe I wrote the original test packages.  Could you describe in more
detail what the problem is and how you want to fix it?  I will see if that
rattles my brain into coming up with any possible problems with your
approach.  In general, I've no objections to changing the test packages.

BTW: Would you please enable word wrap in your mail client?  THanks.

--
Aaron M. Renn (arenn@urbanophile.com) http://www.urbanophile.com/arenn/