public inbox for mauve-discuss@sourceware.org
* Mauve reports...
@ 2004-10-28 22:10 David Gilbert
From: David Gilbert @ 2004-10-28 22:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mauve News Group

Hi all,

I've written a subclass of TestHarness that records the results of a
Mauve run, and another class that generates HTML output for the
results.  You can see sample output from the program here:

http://www.object-refinery.com/classpath/mauve-report/latest/

...and the source code (GPL) is here:

http://www.object-refinery.com/classpath/mauve-report/mauve-report.zip

I haven't written any documentation yet, but will do so in time as I
plan to use this reporting framework for some of my own projects.

Regards,

Dave Gilbert
http://www.jfree.org

* Re: Mauve reports...
@ 2004-10-28 22:41 ` Michael Koch
From: Michael Koch @ 2004-10-28 22:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mauve-discuss; +Cc: David Gilbert

Am Freitag, 29. Oktober 2004 00:10 schrieb David Gilbert:
> Hi all,
>
> I've written a subclass of TestHarness that records the results of
> a Mauve run, and another class that generates HTML output for the
> results.  You can see sample output from the program here:
>
> http://www.object-refinery.com/classpath/mauve-report/latest/
>
> ...and the source code (GPL) is here:
>
> http://www.object-refinery.com/classpath/mauve-report/mauve-report.
>zip
>
> I haven't written any documentation yet, but will do so in time as
> I plan to use this reporting framework for some of my own projects.

That is pretty cool. We really need and want this.

Very good job. Thanks.

Michael
--
Homepage: http://www.worldforge.org/

* Re: Mauve reports...
@ 2004-10-29  6:06 ` Noa Resare
From: Noa Resare @ 2004-10-29  6:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mauve-discuss

tor 2004-10-28 klockan 23:10 +0100 skrev David Gilbert:
> Hi all,
>
> I've written a subclass of TestHarness that records the results of a
> Mauve run, and another class that generates HTML output for the
> results.  You can see sample output from the program here:
>
> http://www.object-refinery.com/classpath/mauve-report/latest/
>
> ...and the source code (GPL) is here:
>
> http://www.object-refinery.com/classpath/mauve-report/mauve-report.zip
>
> I haven't written any documentation yet, but will do so in time as I
> plan to use this reporting framework for some of my own projects.

Very nice output. Getting rid of SimpleTestHarness by extending
TestHarness directly is the right way to go IMHO.

It seems however that there is a certain overlap between this effort and
my xml output patch that I did a while ago[1]. Have you looked at it?
With some minor modifications I think that the xml format can carry all
information needed to create your html output. That way we could use the
data from one test run both for generating a html report and doing
automated test difference reporting with my testdiff[2] tool.

I will be offline for about a week now, and then I hope to help getting
kaffe-1.1.5 out the door but after that I have planned to turn my
attention to mauve and your code fits into some of my plans quite well.
Perhaps I whould write a separate message about that.

Thanks for making this available
/noa

[1] http://resare.com/noa/mauve/patches/00-mauve-xmlout3.patch
[2] http://resare.com/noa/testdiff/

* Re: Mauve reports...
@ 2004-10-29  6:42   ` Michael Koch
From: Michael Koch @ 2004-10-29  6:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mauve-discuss; +Cc: Noa Resare

Am Freitag, 29. Oktober 2004 08:06 schrieb Noa Resare:
> tor 2004-10-28 klockan 23:10 +0100 skrev David Gilbert:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I've written a subclass of TestHarness that records the results
> > of a Mauve run, and another class that generates HTML output for
> > the results.  You can see sample output from the program here:
> >
> > http://www.object-refinery.com/classpath/mauve-report/latest/
> >
> > ...and the source code (GPL) is here:
> >
> > http://www.object-refinery.com/classpath/mauve-report/mauve-repor
> >t.zip
> >
> > I haven't written any documentation yet, but will do so in time
> > as I plan to use this reporting framework for some of my own
> > projects.
>
> Very nice output. Getting rid of SimpleTestHarness by extending
> TestHarness directly is the right way to go IMHO.
>
> It seems however that there is a certain overlap between this
> effort and my xml output patch that I did a while ago[1]. Have you
> looked at it? With some minor modifications I think that the xml
> format can carry all information needed to create your html output.
> That way we could use the data from one test run both for
> generating a html report and doing automated test difference
> reporting with my testdiff[2] tool.

I wasn't aware of your code until someone told me about it on IRC. XML
is more nice of course. We can easily transform it to HTML with XSL
stylescheets. I do this already with the checkstyle xml output. I
will install this on developer.classpath.org when I'm back from
holidays. Your mauve things might be good to have there too. Can you
both work together on this mauve stuff ?

Michael
--
Homepage: http://www.worldforge.org/