public inbox for mauve-discuss@sourceware.org
* More cleanups and two test fixes
@ 2002-04-03 13:16 Mark Wielaard
From: Mark Wielaard @ 2002-04-03 13:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mauve-discuss

Hi,

Here are a couple more changes to make some testlets self contained.
This does not change the test results. I still do get a few link
failures with gcj but those seem not to be as easy to fix as these were.

Also included are two obvious fixes that were discovered when going over
the mauve failures for a recent libgcj. See discussion about tests here:
<http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/java/2002-04/msg00018.html> for Part 1 and here
<http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/java/2002-04/msg00037.html> for Part 2.
(Do others have an overview of Mauve results for their library?)

With this patch in place I will be ready to write Part 3 - the final
chapter. After we have consensus on the libgcj mailinglist about the
other failures and if more are determined to be actually faults in Mauve
tests I will post them here.

Note that there are more tests that seem to use old hosts or webpages
that are no longer around. We should have a policy about what
hosts/webpages can be used in Mauve tests.

There is a small additional test for Modifier that tests the order of
modifiers as defined in the last public spec. (libgcj fails that test,
but I have a patch.)

2002-04-03  Mark Wielaard  <mark@klomp.org>

 * gnu/testlet/java/util/AbstractCollection/AcuniaAbstractCollectionTest.java:
 Make self contained, extend AbstractCollection, removed test_add().
 * gnu/testlet/java/util/AbstractCollection/AcuniaAddCollection.java:
 Removed, moved into AcuniaAbstractCollectionTest.
 * gnu/testlet/java/util/AbstractCollection/AcuniaAddCollectionTest.java:
 New file, self contained testlet based on AcuniaAddCollection and
 test_add().
 * gnu/testlet/java/util/AbstractCollection/AcuniaExAbstractCollection.java:
 Removed, moved into AcuniaAddCollectionTest.

 * gnu/testlet/java/util/AbstractList/AcuniaAbstractListTest.java: Make
 self contained, extends AbstractList.
 * gnu/testlet/java/util/AbstractList/AcuniaExAbstractList.java:
 Removed, moved into AcuniaAbstractListTest.

 * gnu/testlet/java/util/AbstractMap/AcuniaAbstractMapTest.java: Make
 self contained, extends AbstractMap.
 * gnu/testlet/java/util/AbstractMap/AcuniaExAbstractMap.java: Removed,
 moved into AcuniaAbstractMapTest.

 * gnu/testlet/java/util/AbstractSequentialList/AcuniaAbstractSequentialListTest.java:
 Make self contained, extends AbstractSequentialList.
 * gnu/testlet/java/util/AbstractSequentialList/AcuniaExASList.java:
 Removed, moved into AcuniaAbstractSequentialListTest.

 * gnu/testlet/java/util/AbstractSet/AcuniaAbstractSetTest.java: Make
 self contained, extends AbstractSet.
 * gnu/testlet/java/util/AbstractSet/AcuniaExAbstractSet.java: Removed,
 moved into AcuniaAbstractSetTest.

 * gnu/testlet/java/net/InetAddress/InetAddressTest.java: Use
 savannah.gnu.org since hpjavaux.cup.hp.com does no longer exist.

 * gnu/testlet/java/lang/reflect/Modifier/toString12.java: Check for
 strictfp not just strict. Add check for full ordering.

Cheers,

Mark

* Re: More cleanups and two test fixes
@ 2002-04-07 13:43 ` Tom Tromey
From: Tom Tromey @ 2002-04-07 13:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mark Wielaard; +Cc: mauve-discuss

Mark> Note that there are more tests that seem to use old hosts or
Mark> webpages that are no longer around. We should have a policy
Mark> about what hosts/webpages can be used in Mauve tests.

I agree.  Feel free to set it :-)

Note that the Mauve web pages are in cvs, and you're free to edit
them.  They haven't been updated in a long time.  I suggest at least
adding a note saying that you've done a lot of cleanup recently.

Anyway, since the pages are in cvs we can add whatever things we need
for java.net testing and the like.  I can't guarantee that the host
name or IP address will remain the same, but we can at least maintain
the tests and the necessary web page stuff in parallel.

Tom