public inbox for mauve-discuss@sourceware.org
* Question about UnicodeData.txt data file
@ 2002-11-06 11:00 Patrick Ellis
From: Patrick Ellis @ 2002-11-06 11:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mauve-discuss; +Cc: Mark Wielaard (E-mail)

Hi,

I have a question about the UnicodeData.txt data file used in testing for package lang.
I have compiled and tested on Sun Solaris machine for the java.lang package and have taken
the *.class files and the UnicodeData.txt placed them in a jar file and moved this over to a Linux machine
for testing. If I use the jar command the UnicodeData.txt file is not found:

gnu.testlet.java.lang.Character.unicode
----
gnu.testlet.ResourceNotFoundException: /users/paelli/mauve/gnu/testlet/java/lang/Character/UnicodeData.txt (No such file or directory)
        at gnu.testlet.SimpleTestHarness.getResourceStream(SimpleTestHarness.java:128)
        at gnu.testlet.SimpleTestHarness.getResourceReader(SimpleTestHarness.java:108)
        at gnu.testlet.java.lang.Character.unicode.<init>(unicode.java:55)
        at gnu.testlet.java.lang.Character.unicode.test(unicode.java:688)
        at gnu.testlet.SimpleTestHarness.runtest(SimpleTestHarness.java:217)
        at gnu.testlet.SimpleTestHarness.main(SimpleTestHarness.java:327)
FAIL: gnu.testlet.java.lang.Character.unicode (number 1)

I noticed that in the config.java code the default directory is set and this seems to hardcode this
path and this does not work well with my plan to compile the code on one machine and move the *.class files
to the other platforms to test (PC,LINUX, HP, etc). Is there a way around the hard coding of the search for the
UnicodeData text file?

Pat Ellis
SDE Build and Test Team
Phone:      (919) 531-0355
R2263     Patrick.Ellis@sas.com
SAS...  The Power to Know

* Re: Question about UnicodeData.txt data file
@ 2002-11-07  6:14 ` Tom Tromey
From: Tom Tromey @ 2002-11-07  6:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Patrick Ellis; +Cc: mauve-discuss, Mark Wielaard (E-mail)

Patrick> I noticed that in the config.java code the default directory
Patrick> is set and this seems to hardcode this path and this does not
Patrick> work well with my plan to compile the code on one machine and
Patrick> move the *.class files to the other platforms to test
Patrick> (PC,LINUX, HP, etc). Is there a way around the hard coding of
Patrick> the search for the UnicodeData text file?

Ordinarily in Mauve external files are referred to by a special
syntax.  The idea is that a given test host can interpret this syntax
any way it likes.  We did this, instead of using plain file names,
since we wanted to be able to run Mauve on platforms without a
filesystem (e.g., a simulator).

So, yes, this is possible.  But it is up to you to set up the test
environment properly.  For instance you could make your own test
harness.  Or you could make your own config.java for the target
system.

Tom

* Re: Question about UnicodeData.txt data file
@ 2002-11-07 16:17 ` Tom Tromey
From: Tom Tromey @ 2002-11-07 16:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Patrick Ellis; +Cc: Mauve News Group (E-mail)

Patrick> Is there anyway in the configure file to set the relative
Patrick> path to <.> instead of the absolute path?

Patrick> I know in the config.java file srcdir can be changed but is
Patrick> there a way to set this during configuration?

Not at present.  It is set like so:

SRCDIR=`(cd $srcdir; pwd)`
AC_SUBST(SRCDIR)

Tom

* RE: Question about UnicodeData.txt data file
@ 2002-11-07 13:15 Patrick Ellis
From: Patrick Ellis @ 2002-11-07 13:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tromey; +Cc: Mauve News Group (E-mail)

Tom,

Is there anyway in the configure file to set the relative path to <.>
instead of the absolute path?

I know in the config.java file srcdir can be changed but is there
a way to set this during configuration?

Pat