public inbox for mauve-discuss@sourceware.org
From: "M.Kranthi Kumar" <kranthi@iitg.ernet.in>
To: Andrew Haley <aph@redhat.com>
Cc: mauve-discuss@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Re: About the download page
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 18:32:00 -0000	[thread overview]

Hi,

Thanks a lot Andrew.
 	The problem with our connection is that all the students are
behind a single http proxy. Now, this proxy blocks all kinds of packets
except http packets, allows communication through a single port only,
requires authentication, and can't download anything above 100 MB. So,
things like Java documentation, can't be downloaded(we got around this
one).I don't know much about this networking terminology, but somehow, we
do get to download from ftps too. But that's it. There are other
connections, through which you can have normal access, but either you are
not a student, or you are a privileged one to have a login in these
proxies.

Thanks again,
Kranthi.