public inbox for newlib@sourceware.org
* Reentrant version of inttypes methods
@ 2017-07-22 11:26 Aditya Upadhyay
From: Aditya Upadhyay @ 2017-07-22 11:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: newlib

Hello All,

In FreeBSD, There is a _inttypes.h for reentrant version of inttypes
methods. So, Do i need to make reentrant version of inttypes.h ? It
seems there does not exist something like _inttypes.h stuff in newlib
or Do i have to add the declaration of strtoimax_l and _strtoimax_r in
stdlib.h file ? I think, There should be  _inttypes.h header file
support for reentrant version of inttypes method. Please correct me if
i am wrong.

Thanks & Regards,
Aditya Upadhyay

* Re: Reentrant version of inttypes methods
@ 2017-07-23 12:12 ` Gedare Bloom
From: Gedare Bloom @ 2017-07-23 12:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Aditya Upadhyay; +Cc: newlib

I think the reentrant functions can be declared directly in inttypes.h
as other headers do in libc/include. Put the _r (and _l) versions
close to the declarations of the non-reentrant.

@ 2017-07-23 12:36   ` Aditya Upadhyay
From: Aditya Upadhyay @ 2017-07-23 12:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gedare Bloom, newlib

Yes, I have seen many files which contains declaration of reentrant
version of methods like stdlib.h, string.h etc.. I am adding the
declaration of same in original inttypes.h header file. Also i have
gone through the newlib libc docs and have seen list of reentrant
function. Finally, i am having understanding of reentrancy.

Thanks & Regards,
Aditya Upadhyay

@ 2017-07-24 12:40     ` Eric Blake
From: Eric Blake @ 2017-07-24 12:40 UTC (permalink / raw)