public inbox for newlib@sourceware.org
* What happened to the timegm patch?
       [not found] <b774b244-f6eb-8451-4727-5f09b6000ffd.ref@yahoo.de>
@ 2021-04-25 20:06 ` R. Diez
From: R. Diez @ 2021-04-25 20:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: newlib; +Cc: ahrussell

Hi all:

I found a discussion about adding timegm in 2018, in some time "legacy" mailing list. This appears to be the last patch version:

https://sourceware.org/legacy-ml/newlib/2018/msg00824.html

I miss timegm. Is there any reason why that attempt did not progress any further?

Regards,
   rdiez

* Re: What happened to the timegm patch?
@ 2021-04-25 20:59   ` Joel Sherrill
From: Joel Sherrill @ 2021-04-25 20:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: R. Diez; +Cc: Newlib, ahrussell

On Sun, Apr 25, 2021, 3:06 PM R. Diez via Newlib <newlib@sourceware.org>
wrote:

> Hi all:
>
> I found a discussion about adding timegm in 2018, in some time "legacy"
> mailing list. This appears to be the last patch version:
>
> https://sourceware.org/legacy-ml/newlib/2018/msg00824.html
>
> I miss timegm. Is there any reason why that attempt did not progress any
> further?

Look at the follow up message. Looks like it was going to be merged and it
didn't apply cleanly. I assume that if a clean version of this patch
appeared, it would get merged.

--joel