public inbox for newlib@sourceware.org
* Re: disable-newlib-io-long-double?
@ 2020-03-17  1:34 chengzhiwei (C)
From: chengzhiwei (C) @ 2020-03-17  1:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jim Wilson, newlib

Thanks!
Check the file of vfprintf.c, I guess I found the reason:
# ifdef _NO_LONGDBL
			if (flags & LONGDBL) {
				_fpvalue = (double)GET_ARG (N, ap, _LONG_DOUBLE);
			} else {
				_fpvalue = GET_ARG (N, ap, double);
			}
There is an accuracy conversion step, but in my project, all of the long double symbols have been stripped away in libgcc.a, maybe I should patch the file of vfprintf.c.

zhiwei

From: Jim Wilson @ 2020-03-17 18:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: chengzhiwei (C); +Cc: newlib

On Mon, Mar 16, 2020 at 6:34 PM chengzhiwei (C) <chengzhiwei6@huawei.com> wrote:
> Check the file of vfprintf.c, I guess I found the reason:
> # ifdef _NO_LONGDBL
>                         if (flags & LONGDBL) {
>                                 _fpvalue = (double)GET_ARG (N, ap, _LONG_DOUBLE);
>                         } else {
>                                 _fpvalue = GET_ARG (N, ap, double);
>                         }
> There is an accuracy conversion step, but in my project, all of the long double symbols have been stripped away in libgcc.a, maybe I should patch the file of vfprintf.c.

Another option is --enable-newlib-nano-formatted-io which uses the
nano-vfprintf.c file instead of vprintf.c.  This drops more features
from vprintf, including the long double support.

You might want to look at github.com/riscv/riscv-gnu-toolchain for
comparison.  It builds a regular newlib and a newlib nano, where the
newlib nano uses --enable-newlib-nano-formatted-io,

Jim

* Re: disable-newlib-io-long-double?
@ 2020-03-16 20:50 ` Jim Wilson
From: Jim Wilson @ 2020-03-16 20:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: chengzhiwei (C), newlib

@ 2020-03-16 11:37 chengzhiwei (C)
From: chengzhiwei (C) @ 2020-03-16 11:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: newlib

Hi, all:

In my project, all of the quadrature symbols have been stripped away in libgcc.a, so when I built newlib toolchain based on riscv32 target, we used the option "--disable-newlib-io-long-double" to turn off the feature of long double. But when performing a floating-point calculation, the symbol "trunctfdf2" is not defined correctly:

libc.a(lib_a-vfprintf.o): in function `.L60':vfprintf.c:(.text+0x3fe): undefined reference to `__trunctfdf2'

What puzzles me is why is this one symbol undefined? Is there any way to solve this problem?

Regards,

--zhiwei