public inbox for newlib@sourceware.org
* Getting close to end of year snapshot
@ 2023-12-15 21:34 Jeff Johnston
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: Jeff Johnston @ 2023-12-15 21:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Newlib

I plan on making the newlib snapshot on Wednesday/Thursday of next week
(Dec 20/21).

If there is something you were planning on getting into the snapshot that
isn't merged yet, please indicate it here on the list.

Thanks,

-- Jeff J.

* Re: Getting close to end of year snapshot
@ 2023-12-16  5:04 ` Mike Frysinger
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Mike Frysinger @ 2023-12-16  5:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jeff Johnston; +Cc: Newlib

On 15 Dec 2023 16:34, Jeff Johnston wrote:
> I plan on making the newlib snapshot on Wednesday/Thursday of next week
> (Dec 20/21).
>
> If there is something you were planning on getting into the snapshot that
> isn't merged yet, please indicate it here on the list.

doc changes:
https://sourceware.org/pipermail/newlib/2023/020610.html

and some build cleanups:
https://sourceware.org/pipermail/newlib/2023/020723.html
https://sourceware.org/pipermail/newlib/2023/020724.html
-mike

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Getting close to end of year snapshot
@ 2023-12-16 15:35 ` Freddie Chopin
From: Freddie Chopin @ 2023-12-16 15:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jeff Johnston, Newlib

On Fri, 2023-12-15 at 16:34 -0500, Jeff Johnston wrote:
> I plan on making the newlib snapshot on Wednesday/Thursday of next
> week (Dec 20/21).
>
> If there is something you were planning on getting into the snapshot
> that isn't merged yet, please indicate it here on the list.
>
> Thanks,
>
> -- Jeff J.

Can you take a look at this:
https://sourceware.org/pipermail/newlib/2023/020715.html

I don't really feel confident in providing a patch for texinfo and
documentation files. However if you think that we can just frop the
curly braces and such change is fine, then I can send a patch.

Regards,
FCh

* Re: Getting close to end of year snapshot
@ 2023-12-16 20:25   ` Jeff Johnston
From: Jeff Johnston @ 2023-12-16 20:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Freddie Chopin; +Cc: Newlib

Hi Fch,

Looking at the 7.0.3 and 7.1 gnu texinfo documentation, the curly braces
are not specified for @author so feel free to supply
a simple patch.

-- Jeff J.

@ 2023-12-19 22:05   ` Jeff Johnston
From: Jeff Johnston @ 2023-12-19 22:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mike Frysinger; +Cc: Newlib

All three patches merged.  Thanks.

-- Jeff J.

@ 2023-12-20 20:59 ` Craig Blackmore
From: Craig Blackmore @ 2023-12-20 20:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Newlib, Jeff Johnston; +Cc: Kito Cheng

Hi Jeff,

RISC-V newlib soft float multilibs recently starting failing to build on
the main branch. I have just posted the following fix:

     https://sourceware.org/pipermail/newlib/2023/020775.html

It would be great if we can get this into the snapshot.

Thanks,

Craig

* Re: Getting close to end of year snapshot
@ 2023-12-20 21:54   ` Jeff Johnston
From: Jeff Johnston @ 2023-12-20 21:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Craig Blackmore; +Cc: Newlib, Kito Cheng

Pushed.

-- Jeff J.

On Wed, Dec 20, 2023 at 3:59 PM Craig Blackmore <
craig.blackmore@embecosm.com> wrote:

> Hi Jeff,
>
> RISC-V newlib soft float multilibs recently starting failing to build on
> the main branch. I have just posted the following fix:
>
>      https://sourceware.org/pipermail/newlib/2023/020775.html
>
> It would be great if we can get this into the snapshot.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Craig

* Re: Getting close to end of year snapshot
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2023-12-29  6:28 ` Mike Frysinger
From: Mike Frysinger @ 2023-12-29  6:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jeff Johnston; +Cc: Newlib

On 15 Dec 2023 16:34, Jeff Johnston wrote:
> I plan on making the newlib snapshot on Wednesday/Thursday of next week
> (Dec 20/21).
>
> If there is something you were planning on getting into the snapshot that
> isn't merged yet, please indicate it here on the list.

all of my recent cleanup patches should be delayed until after the snapshot,
except for these fixes:
https://sourceware.org/pipermail/newlib/2023/020843.html
https://sourceware.org/pipermail/newlib/2023/020844.html
https://sourceware.org/pipermail/newlib/2023/020852.html

(i can merge after approval, otherwise make sure to regen autotools)
-mike

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Getting close to end of year snapshot
@ 2023-12-30  1:10   ` Jeff Johnston
From: Jeff Johnston @ 2023-12-30  1:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mike Frysinger; +Cc: Newlib