public inbox for newlib@sourceware.org
* stdbool.h ?
@ 2019-09-26 11:12 Emmanuel Blot
From: Emmanuel Blot @ 2019-09-26 11:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: newlib

Hi,

I’m not able to find stdbool.h header file in newlib source code
(neither in 3.1 tarball nor in git repository).

As I understand that newlib in compliant with C99 (am I wrong?), should
not it be part of the newlib base code, as stdint.h is?

Thanks,
Emmanuel.

* RE: stdbool.h ?
@ 2019-09-26 11:20 ` Jon Beniston
From: Jon Beniston @ 2019-09-26 11:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Emmanuel Blot', newlib

Hi Emmanuel,

That's usually provided by gcc.

./lib/gcc/target/version/include/stdbool.h

Cheers,
Jon

@ 2019-09-26 12:08   ` Emmanuel Blot
From: Emmanuel Blot @ 2019-09-26 12:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jon Beniston; +Cc: newlib

Hi Jon,

On 26 Sep 2019, at 13:20, Jon Beniston wrote:

> That's usually provided by gcc.

I’m using LLVM :)
I just discovered that the host’s stdbool.h was used up to now - which
is fortunately target agnostic.

> ./lib/gcc/target/version/include/stdbool.h

GCC also provides its own stdint.h (including either an external
stdint.h or its own), so I’m surprised the behaviour is different with
stdbool.h.
As I understand it - maybe I’m wrong - stdbool.h is part of the C
Standard Library, so should not it be part of the newlib C
implementation as well? I know the boundary between the compiler and the
C library is somewhat tricky, but it is kind of weird stdint.h and
stdbool.h are somewhat handled differently.

Thanks,
Emmanuel.