public inbox for newlib@sourceware.org
* End of year snapshot
@ 2020-12-11 21:41 Jeff Johnston
From: Jeff Johnston @ 2020-12-11 21:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Newlib

This is just to remind folks that we are approaching the end of year
snapshot.  I will be on vacation starting Dec 18th until the New Year so
would like to make the snapshot on the 18th.

If there are any changes that you wish to be part of the year-end snapshot
that haven't been reviewed/posted yet, please notify the list.  If you need
a little more time for any important patches, please let me know.

Anything else will have to wait until the New Year.  If deemed necessary,
we can cut an additional snapshot then.

-- Jeff J.

* Re: End of year snapshot
@ 2020-12-12 12:30 ` Sebastian Huber
From: Sebastian Huber @ 2020-12-12 12:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jeff Johnston, Newlib

Hello Jeff,

On 11/12/2020 22:41, Jeff Johnston via Newlib wrote:
> If there are any changes that you wish to be part of the year-end snapshot
> that haven't been reviewed/posted yet, please notify the list.

it would be nice to include this fix:

https://sourceware.org/pipermail/newlib/2020/018170.html

There are probably better long term solutions, for example
synchronization of Newlib with

https://github.com/ARM-software/optimized-routines

but this small patch fixes an otherwise broken Newlib for Armv8-R.

--
embedded brains GmbH
Herr Sebastian HUBER

Registergericht: Amtsgericht München
Registernummer: HRB 157899

* Re: End of year snapshot
@ 2020-12-12 16:25   ` Joel Sherrill
From: Joel Sherrill @ 2020-12-12 16:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sebastian Huber; +Cc: Jeff Johnston, Newlib, Kinsey Moore

On Sat, Dec 12, 2020, 6:30 AM Sebastian Huber <
sebastian.huber@embedded-brains.de> wrote:

> Hello Jeff,
>
> On 11/12/2020 22:41, Jeff Johnston via Newlib wrote:
> > If there are any changes that you wish to be part of the year-end
> snapshot
> > that haven't been reviewed/posted yet, please notify the list.
>
> it would be nice to include this fix:
>
> https://sourceware.org/pipermail/newlib/2020/018170.html
>
> There are probably better long term solutions, for example
> synchronization of Newlib with
>
> https://github.com/ARM-software/optimized-routines
>
> but this small patch fixes an otherwise broken Newlib for Armv8-R.

And I think Kinsey got fixes in to that code for the ilp32 aarch64
multilib.

A merge from there would be appreciated.

> --
> embedded brains GmbH
> Herr Sebastian HUBER
> Dornierstr. 4
> 82178 Puchheim
> Germany
> email: sebastian.huber@embedded-brains.de
> phone: +49-89-18 94 741 - 16
> fax:   +49-89-18 94 741 - 08
>
> Registergericht: Amtsgericht München
> Registernummer: HRB 157899
> Vertretungsberechtigte Geschäftsführer: Peter Rasmussen, Thomas Dörfler
> Unsere Datenschutzerklärung finden Sie hier:
> https://embedded-brains.de/datenschutzerklaerung/

* RE: End of year snapshot
@ 2020-12-14 14:47     ` Kinsey Moore
On 11/12/2020 22:41, Jeff Johnston via Newlib wrote:
> If there are any changes that you wish to be part of the year-end snapshot
> that haven't been reviewed/posted yet, please notify the list.

it would be nice to include this fix:

https://sourceware.org/pipermail/newlib/2020/018170.html

There are probably better long term solutions, for example
synchronization of Newlib with

https://github.com/ARM-software/optimized-routines

but this small patch fixes an otherwise broken Newlib for Armv8-R.

And I think Kinsey got fixes in to that code for the ilp32 aarch64 multilib.

A merge from there would be appreciated.

The code to fix ILP32 in optimized-routines is up for review at the moment. I expect it will be merged today or tomorrow.

Kinsey

* RE: End of year snapshot
@ 2020-12-17 15:44       ` Kinsey Moore
From: Kinsey Moore @ 2020-12-17 15:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
>> And I think Kinsey got fixes in to that code for the ilp32 aarch64 multilib.
>>
>> A merge from there would be appreciated.
>
> The code to fix ILP32 in optimized-routines is up for review at the moment. I expect it will be merged today or tomorrow.

This change has now been merged into the upstream optimized-routines repository in a slightly different form than was posted here. If one of the ARM maintainers could pull that in, that would be great.

Kinsey