public inbox for newlib@sourceware.org
* When to remove old targets?
@ 2023-12-27  5:47 Joel Sherrill
From: Joel Sherrill @ 2023-12-27  5:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Newlib

Hi

As the clean up patches for libgloss are coming by, I've checked a few to
see when they disappeared from GCC. At least the i960 and mn10200 have been
out of GCC for over a decade.

When should newlib remove them?

--joel

* Can newlib drop old i960 and mn10200 targets?
@ 2023-12-27 17:07 ` Brian Inglis
From: Brian Inglis @ 2023-12-27 17:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: newlib

On 2023-12-26 22:47, Joel Sherrill wrote:

> As the clean up patches for libgloss are coming by, I've checked a few to see
> when they disappeared from GCC. At least the i960 and mn10200 have been out of
> GCC for over a decade.
> When should newlib remove them?

Maybe ask directly, as in subject, and in body ask, if not, when?

Is anyone still using old i960 target?
If not then could it be dropped after this year's snapshot?
If it can not be dropped now, when can it be dropped?

Is anyone still using old mn10200 target?
If not then could it be dropped after this year's snapshot?
If it can not be dropped now, when can it be dropped?

                                 -- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

* Re: Can newlib drop old i960 and mn10200 targets?
@ 2023-12-28  1:16   ` Mike Frysinger
From: Mike Frysinger @ 2023-12-28  1:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: newlib