* Write after approval access to Binutils / GDB
@ 2022-06-01  6:46 Andreas Krebbel
From: Andreas Krebbel @ 2022-06-01  6:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers; +Cc: iii

Hi,

my colleague Ilya Leoshkevich is an experienced open-source developer who continuously contributes
code to various Linux core projects: Linux kernel (eBPF), Qemu, GCC, zlib-ng and Binutils - just to
name a few.

I think he qualifies to get write privileges to the binutils-gdb git repository. Could you please
tell me what needs to be done to get the process started for him.

A FSF copyright assignment covering Binutils and GDB for Ilya has been filed already.

Thank you very much!

Bye,

Andreas

* Re: Write after approval access to Binutils / GDB
@ 2022-06-01  7:13 ` Mark Wielaard
From: Mark Wielaard @ 2022-06-01  7:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Andreas,

On Wed, Jun 01, 2022 at 08:46:02AM +0200, Andreas Krebbel via Overseers wrote:
> my colleague Ilya Leoshkevich is an experienced open-source
> developer who continuously contributes code to various Linux core
> projects: Linux kernel (eBPF), Qemu, GCC, zlib-ng and Binutils -
> just to name a few.
>
> I think he qualifies to get write privileges to the binutils-gdb git
> repository. Could you please tell me what needs to be done to get
> the process started for him.

Please fill out this form https://sourceware.org/cgi-bin/pdw/ps_form.cgi
Listing yourself or another binutils maintainer who approves the request.

> A FSF copyright assignment covering Binutils and GDB for Ilya has
> been filed already.

Thanks,

Mark

* Re: Write after approval access to Binutils / GDB
@ 2022-06-01  7:25   ` Andreas Krebbel
From: Andreas Krebbel @ 2022-06-01  7:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 6/1/22 09:13, Mark Wielaard wrote:
> Hi Andreas,
>
> On Wed, Jun 01, 2022 at 08:46:02AM +0200, Andreas Krebbel via Overseers wrote:
>> my colleague Ilya Leoshkevich is an experienced open-source
>> developer who continuously contributes code to various Linux core
>> projects: Linux kernel (eBPF), Qemu, GCC, zlib-ng and Binutils -
>> just to name a few.
>>
>> I think he qualifies to get write privileges to the binutils-gdb git
>> repository. Could you please tell me what needs to be done to get
>> the process started for him.
>
> Please fill out this form https://sourceware.org/cgi-bin/pdw/ps_form.cgi
> Listing yourself or another binutils maintainer who approves the request.

Thanks Mark, for your quick response. Will do!

Bye,

Andreas

@ 2022-06-01  8:39     ` Ilya Leoshkevich
From: Ilya Leoshkevich @ 2022-06-01  8:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, 2022-06-01 at 09:25 +0200, Andreas Krebbel wrote:
> On 6/1/22 09:13, Mark Wielaard wrote:
> > Hi Andreas,
> >
> > On Wed, Jun 01, 2022 at 08:46:02AM +0200, Andreas Krebbel via
> > Overseers wrote:
> > > my colleague Ilya Leoshkevich is an experienced open-source
> > > developer who continuously contributes code to various Linux core
> > > projects: Linux kernel (eBPF), Qemu, GCC, zlib-ng and Binutils -
> > > just to name a few.
> > >
> > > I think he qualifies to get write privileges to the binutils-gdb
> > > git
> > > repository. Could you please tell me what needs to be done to get
> > > the process started for him.
> >
> > Please fill out this form
> > https://sourceware.org/cgi-bin/pdw/ps_form.cgi
> > Listing yourself or another binutils maintainer who approves the
> > request.
>
> Thanks Mark, for your quick response. Will do!
>
> Bye,
>
> Andreas
>

> > Thanks,
> >
> > Mark

Hi Mark,

The form says:

---
Note that if you already have an account on sourceware.org or
gcc.gnu.org for source control write access for some other project,
then do not use this form.

Your login already exists on the system. If you need access to
additional project groups, or if you believe you have gotten this
message erroneously, please submit a complete bug report to
overseers@sourceware.org.
---

My existing login is iii.

Best regards,
Ilya

* Re: Write after approval access to Binutils / GDB
@ 2022-06-01  8:52       ` Mark Wielaard
From: Mark Wielaard @ 2022-06-01  8:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Ilya,

On Wed, 2022-06-01 at 10:39 +0200, Ilya Leoshkevich wrote:
> The form says:
>
> ---
> Note that if you already have an account on sourceware.org or
> gcc.gnu.org for source control write access for some other project,
> then do not use this form.

> Your login already exists on the system. If you need access to
> additional project groups, or if you believe you have gotten this
> message erroneously, please submit a complete bug report to
> overseers@sourceware.org.
> ---
>
> My existing login is iii.

Ah, sorry, I didn't know.
Added you to the src group (that is binutils-gdb).

Happy hacking!

Mark

* Re: Write after approval access to Binutils / GDB
@ 2022-06-01  8:53         ` Ilya Leoshkevich
From: Ilya Leoshkevich @ 2022-06-01  8:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, 2022-06-01 at 10:52 +0200, Mark Wielaard wrote:
> Hi Ilya,
>
> On Wed, 2022-06-01 at 10:39 +0200, Ilya Leoshkevich wrote:
> > The form says:
> >
> > ---
> > Note that if you already have an account on sourceware.org or
> > gcc.gnu.org for source control write access for some other project,
> > then do not use this form.

> > Your login already exists on the system. If you need access to
> > additional project groups, or if you believe you have gotten this
> > message erroneously, please submit a complete bug report to
> > overseers@sourceware.org.
> > ---
> >
> > My existing login is iii.
>
> Ah, sorry, I didn't know.
> Added you to the src group (that is binutils-gdb).
>
> Happy hacking!
>
> Mark

Thanks!

Best regards,