* GNU Toolchain Proposal public discussion
@ 2022-10-18 17:25 Zoë Kooyman
From: Zoë Kooyman @ 2022-10-18 17:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

The FSF will host a public conversation and Q&A about the
proposal on the GNU Toolchain infrastructure on *October 24, 10am**
**Eastern Time.*

I have seen many important questions raised on this list. and hope
this event will be an opportunity to discuss these in an open and
transparent discussion.

Please find more information here:
https://www.fsf.org/events/the-gti-project-a-conversation-and-community-q-a

I invite everyone on this list to join the conversation. We have
limited space inside the BBB channel, but will stream live and
allow for participation in IRC as well. You can also submit any
questions you have in advance. You can email campaigns@fsf.org
with these, or any other questions about the event.

Please note: the FSF has not made recommendations or
endorsements. We want to listen carefully to the different
community ideas and proposals so that we can determine how best
to help the projects succeed.

If there is an interest in us hosting a similar conversation for
the Sourceware/SFC proposal, we would be happy to facilitate that
too.
//
Thanks,

Zoë

--
Zoë Kooyman // Executive Director
Free Software Foundation

Join the FSF and help us defend software freedom:
https://my.fsf.org/

US government employee? Use CFC charity code 63210 to support us through
the Combined Federal Campaign. https://cfcgiving.opm.gov/

* Re: GNU Toolchain Proposal public discussion
@ 2022-10-20 23:50 ` Elena Zannoni
From: Elena Zannoni @ 2022-10-20 23:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 10/18/22 11:25 AM, Zoë Kooyman via Overseers wrote:

> Please note: the FSF has not made recommendations or
> endorsements. We want to listen carefully to the different
> community ideas and proposals so that we can determine how best
> to help the projects succeed.
>
> If there is an interest in us hosting a similar conversation for
> the Sourceware/SFC proposal, we would be happy to facilitate that
> too.
> //
> Thanks,

Hi Zoë,
I would be really interested in hearing in full the Sourceware plans,
basically what Mark was going to present at Cauldron, but didn't get the
chance. I know that there are plans for many things that would allow to
increase the security of the software supply chain that would probably
alleviate some of the "anxiety", but I would like to discuss the
details. And whatever has been already done, like the public-inbox and
the CI work. I don't think it's been presented as a whole coherent body
of work, so I'd like to hear how the pieces fit together, their
interdependencies, etc.

thanks
elena