* Small error on sourceware.org web pages
@ 2016-11-13 11:36 Pander
       [not found] ` <alpine.LSU.2.20.1611131750550.3105@anthias.pfeifer.com>
From: Pander @ 2016-11-13 11:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

Dear madam, sir,

I have noticed a small error on the web pages of sourceware.org. When
text is shown verbose, the default ligatures are still enabled which
causes misalignment. See https://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/Locales under
the line

"Thus, for example en_GB definition (English locale with week starting
on Monday) is:"

week          7;19971130;4
first_weekday 2
first_workday 2
day           "Sunday;Monday;Tuesday;Wednesday;Thursday;Friday;Saturday"
abday         "Sun;Mon;Tue;Wed;Thu;Fri;Sat"

Please fix this to improve alignment of verbose code. On the internet,
many exmples can be found how to go about this.

Thanks,

Pander

* Re: Small error on sourceware.org web pages
       [not found] ` <alpine.LSU.2.20.1611131750550.3105@anthias.pfeifer.com>
@ 2016-11-13 17:09   ` Gerald Pfeifer
From: Gerald Pfeifer @ 2016-11-13 17:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pander; +Cc: overseers

Hi Pander,

On Sun, 13 Nov 2016, Pander wrote:
> I have noticed a small error on the web pages of sourceware.org. When
> text is shown verbose, the default ligatures are still enabled which
> causes misalignment. See https://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/Locales under
> the line

I am usually looking after gcc.gnu.org, not sourceware.org, but
looked into your report and did not find any ligatures on that
Wiki.  (Cf. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Typographic_ligature ;
is it possible you mean something different?)

In particular...

> "Thus, for example en_GB definition (English locale with week starting
> on Monday) is:"
>
> week          7;19971130;4
> first_weekday 2
> first_workday 2
> day           "Sunday;Monday;Tuesday;Wednesday;Thursday;Friday;Saturday"
> abday         "Sun;Mon;Tue;Wed;Thu;Fri;Sat"

...looks pretty fine to me (with Firefox 49 on openSUSE); the
overseers@ list does not allow PNG attachments, so resending
without a screenshot.

Gerald

@ 2016-11-13 19:21   ` Pander
From: Pander @ 2016-11-13 19:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gerald Pfeifer; +Cc: overseers

On 2016-11-13 18:03, Gerald Pfeifer wrote:
> Hi Pander,
>
> On Sun, 13 Nov 2016, Pander wrote:
>> I have noticed a small error on the web pages of sourceware.org. When
>> text is shown verbose, the default ligatures are still enabled which
>> causes misalignment. See https://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/Locales under
>> the line
>
> I am usually looking after gcc.gnu.org, not sourceware.org, but
> looked into your report and did not find any ligatures on that
> Wiki.  (Cf. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Typographic_ligature ;
> is it possible you mean something different?)
>
> In particular...
>
>> "Thus, for example en_GB definition (English locale with week starting
>> on Monday) is:"
>>
>> week          7;19971130;4
>> first_weekday 2
>> first_workday 2
>> day           "Sunday;Monday;Tuesday;Wednesday;Thursday;Friday;Saturday"
>> abday         "Sun;Mon;Tue;Wed;Thu;Fri;Sat"
>
> ...looks pretty fine to me (with Firefox 49 on openSUSE); see the
> attached screenshot.

Thanks for looking into it.

It looks good on chromium 53.0.2785.143-0ubuntu1.1307 for me but not on
49.0.2+build2-0ubuntu0.16.10.2 on Yakkety (Ubuntu 16.10). So it is a
browser problem.