* Re: building on Tom's recent cvs logging -> cvsweb integration
@ 2000-12-30  6:08   ` Jason Molenda
From: Jason Molenda @ 2000-12-30  6:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tom Tromey; +Cc: overseers

On Wed, Feb 09, 2000 at 07:56:27PM -0800, Tom Tromey wrote:
> Jason> In case anyone here hasn't seen Tom's new logging in action
>
> I got a request from a user (Akim Demaille) to have the patches be
> appended to the log message as attachments.  He suggested having two
> patch mailing lists, one for URLs and one for attachments.
>
> Any comments on this?

DJ has a perl script to do this, although I don't think it would
interoperate with the nice log_accum scripts we're using right now.
If anyone's interested, I could try to find his mail, or you could just
ask him directly.

FWIW I don't think his script does any MIME stuff, I think it just
inserts the diff being committed into the notification mail.  I could be
mistaken, though.

Jason

From: Jason Molenda @ 2000-12-30  6:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

In case anyone here hasn't seen Tom's new logging in action, look at

	http://sourceware.cygnus.com/ml/gdb-cvs/2000-q1/

I thought it would be neat to get the diffs for these commit messages
(think ``patchsets'') so I did a little lynx slobber and now I have a
script where you run

 getpatches.sh http://sourceware.cygnus.com/ml/gdb-cvs/2000-q1/msg00031.html

and you get a nice unidiff of the changes in this commit.

Share and enjoy,

Jason

[-- Attachment #2: getpatches.sh --]
[-- Type: text/x-shellscript, Size: 781 bytes --]

#! /bin/sh

##
##  Give this script a URL to a cvs commit message that has been emitted
##  by log_accum and modified with Tom Tromey's patch to emit pointers to
##  get the actual diffs.  It will return the diffs for that commit.  You
##  can see this all in use on sourceware, e.g. at
##      http://sourceware.cygnus.com/ml/gdb-cvs/
##
##  This script is a weak lynx-dependant hack which will undoubtedly stop
##  working if lynx ever generates slightly different output.

##  Jason Molenda jsm@cygnus.com 2000-02-09

if [ $# -ne 1 ]
then
  echo Usage: `basename $0` URL-to-a-cvs-commit-mesage
  exit 1
fi

lynx -width=200 -dump "$1" |
  sed -e '1,/^Patches:$/d' -e '/^ *$/,$d' -e 's,^[[][0-9]*[]],,' |
  grep http |
  while read line
  do
    lynx -source "$line"
  done

* Re: building on Tom's recent cvs logging -> cvsweb integration
@ 2000-12-30  6:08 ` Tom Tromey
From: Tom Tromey @ 2000-12-30  6:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jason Molenda; +Cc: overseers

Jason> In case anyone here hasn't seen Tom's new logging in action

I got a request from a user (Akim Demaille) to have the patches be
appended to the log message as attachments.  He suggested having two
patch mailing lists, one for URLs and one for attachments.

Any comments on this?

I'm not overly inclined to do it.  Maybe I'll just forward Jason's
script to him instead.

Incidentally, my next planned hack is to change cvsweb so that a PR
mention in a cvs log message will become a link to the appropriate PR
in gnats(web).  I don't know when I'll get to this; feel free to beat
me to it.

Tom