* cygwin-apps
@ 2000-04-26 12:35 ` Chris Faylor
From: Chris Faylor @ 2000-04-26 12:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

It looks like we need another mailing list for discussing the porting
and maintaining of applications on cygwin.

Can I ask some kind sysadmin type person to set up a cygwin-apps
mailing list?  It should be set up exactly the same as cygwin-developers,
i.e., only subscribers can send email to it and subscription requires
approval from me.

I can't remember if this is all possible using ezmlm remote administration
commands.  If it is possible, I'll deal with that part.

Can someone set this up for me?

cgf

* Re: cygwin-apps
@ 2000-04-26 14:45   ` Jason Molenda
From: Jason Molenda @ 2000-04-26 14:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chris Faylor; +Cc: overseers

On Wed, Apr 26, 2000 at 03:34:57PM -0400, Chris Faylor wrote:
> It looks like we need another mailing list for discussing the porting
> and maintaining of applications on cygwin.
>
> Can I ask some kind sysadmin type person to set up a cygwin-apps
> mailing list?  It should be set up exactly the same as cygwin-developers,
> i.e., only subscribers can send email to it and subscription requires
> approval from me.

NB this is not part of the standard list documentation ('cause
there are only two or three lists set up like this).

You need to add one or two options to ezmlm-make to specify a list with
only-list-members-may-post and approval-needed-to-subscribe.  You can look
at the man page, or look at /qmail/lists-sourceware/cygwin-developers/config.
The first line of that file shows the command line options that were used to
create it.

 (NB this is the 'old style' config file -- the lists that have been created
  recently have the options used in lower case and the options not used in
  upper case.)

> I can't remember if this is all possible using ezmlm remote administration
> commands.  If it is possible, I'll deal with that part.

No, unfortunately this is integral to the way the list is set up at the
beginning and needs to be done by a system admin.

* Re: cygwin-apps (ping)
@ 2000-05-01 22:16   ` Chris Faylor
From: Chris Faylor @ 2000-05-01 22:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

On Wed, Apr 26, 2000 at 03:34:57PM -0400, Chris Faylor wrote:
>It looks like we need another mailing list for discussing the porting
>and maintaining of applications on cygwin.
>
>Can I ask some kind sysadmin type person to set up a cygwin-apps
>mailing list?  It should be set up exactly the same as cygwin-developers,
>i.e., only subscribers can send email to it and subscription requires
>approval from me.
>
>I can't remember if this is all possible using ezmlm remote administration
>commands.  If it is possible, I'll deal with that part.
>
>Can someone set this up for me?
>
>cgf

* Re: cygwin-apps (ping)
@ 2000-05-05 17:17     ` Jeffrey A Law
From: Jeffrey A Law @ 2000-05-05 17:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chris Faylor; +Cc: overseers

  In message < 20000502011630.A2250@cygnus.com >you write:
  > On Wed, Apr 26, 2000 at 03:34:57PM -0400, Chris Faylor wrote:
  > >It looks like we need another mailing list for discussing the porting
  > >and maintaining of applications on cygwin.
  > >
  > >Can I ask some kind sysadmin type person to set up a cygwin-apps
  > >mailing list?  It should be set up exactly the same as cygwin-developers,
  > >i.e., only subscribers can send email to it and subscription requires
  > >approval from me.
  > >
  > >I can't remember if this is all possible using ezmlm remote administration
  > >commands.  If it is possible, I'll deal with that part.
  > >
  > >Can someone set this up for me?
I believe it's ready to go.

jeff

* Re: cygwin-apps (ping)
@ 2000-05-05 17:17       ` Chris Faylor
From: Chris Faylor @ 2000-05-05 17:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jeffrey A Law; +Cc: overseers

On Fri, May 05, 2000 at 06:16:22PM -0600, Jeffrey A Law wrote:

>  In message < 20000502011630.A2250@cygnus.com >you write:
>  > On Wed, Apr 26, 2000 at 03:34:57PM -0400, Chris Faylor wrote:
>  > >It looks like we need another mailing list for discussing the porting
>  > >and maintaining of applications on cygwin.
>  > >
>  > >Can I ask some kind sysadmin type person to set up a cygwin-apps
>  > >mailing list?  It should be set up exactly the same as cygwin-developers,
>  > >i.e., only subscribers can send email to it and subscription requires
>  > >approval from me.
>  > >
>  > >I can't remember if this is all possible using ezmlm remote administration
>  > >commands.  If it is possible, I'll deal with that part.
>  > >
>  > >Can someone set this up for me?
>I believe it's ready to go.

Cool.  Thanks, Jeff!

cgf

* Re: cygwin-apps (ping)
@ 2000-05-05 19:48       ` Jim Kingdon
From: Jim Kingdon @ 2000-05-05 19:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: law; +Cc: cgf, overseers

> I believe it's ready to go.

Yes!  Thank you muchly, Jeff.  I had been meaning to get to it but it
just wasn't happening (the procedure - as documented on the procedures
page - is straightforward, but it does involve several manual steps).

* Re: cygwin-apps (ping)
@ 2000-12-30  6:08   ` Jeffrey A Law
                       ` (2 more replies)
From: Jeffrey A Law @ 2000-12-30  6:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chris Faylor; +Cc: overseers

@ 2000-12-30  6:08 ` Jason Molenda
From: Jason Molenda @ 2000-12-30  6:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chris Faylor; +Cc: overseers

@ 2000-12-30  6:08     ` Jim Kingdon
From: Jim Kingdon @ 2000-12-30  6:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: law; +Cc: cgf, overseers

> I believe it's ready to go.

Yes!  Thank you muchly, Jeff.  I had been meaning to get to it but it
just wasn't happening (the procedure - as documented on the procedures
page - is straightforward, but it does involve several manual steps).

* cygwin-apps
@ 2000-12-30  6:08 Chris Faylor
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Chris Faylor @ 2000-12-30  6:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

@ 2000-12-30  6:08 ` Chris Faylor
From: Chris Faylor @ 2000-12-30  6:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

On Wed, Apr 26, 2000 at 03:34:57PM -0400, Chris Faylor wrote:
>It looks like we need another mailing list for discussing the porting
>and maintaining of applications on cygwin.
>
>Can I ask some kind sysadmin type person to set up a cygwin-apps
>mailing list?  It should be set up exactly the same as cygwin-developers,
>i.e., only subscribers can send email to it and subscription requires
>approval from me.
>
>I can't remember if this is all possible using ezmlm remote administration
>commands.  If it is possible, I'll deal with that part.
>
>Can someone set this up for me?
>
>cgf

* Re: cygwin-apps (ping)
@ 2000-12-30  6:08     ` Chris Faylor
From: Chris Faylor @ 2000-12-30  6:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jeffrey A Law; +Cc: overseers

On Fri, May 05, 2000 at 06:16:22PM -0600, Jeffrey A Law wrote:

>  In message < 20000502011630.A2250@cygnus.com >you write:
>  > On Wed, Apr 26, 2000 at 03:34:57PM -0400, Chris Faylor wrote:
>  > >It looks like we need another mailing list for discussing the porting
>  > >and maintaining of applications on cygwin.
>  > >
>  > >Can I ask some kind sysadmin type person to set up a cygwin-apps
>  > >mailing list?  It should be set up exactly the same as cygwin-developers,
>  > >i.e., only subscribers can send email to it and subscription requires
>  > >approval from me.
>  > >
>  > >I can't remember if this is all possible using ezmlm remote administration
>  > >commands.  If it is possible, I'll deal with that part.
>  > >
>  > >Can someone set this up for me?
>I believe it's ready to go.

Cool.  Thanks, Jeff!