* ["Michael A. Olson" <mao@sleepycat.com>] Open Source build farm consortium
@ 2000-05-07 10:51 ` Per Bothner
From: Per Bothner @ 2000-05-07 10:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

* Re: ["Michael A. Olson" <mao@sleepycat.com>] Open Source build farm consortium
@ 2000-05-08  9:48   ` Chris Faylor
From: Chris Faylor @ 2000-05-08  9:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Per Bothner; +Cc: overseers, kingdon

This sounds like a very interesting idea.  Is there someone at Red Hat
who should get this?  Jim Kingdon, do you know?

cgf

@ 2000-05-08  9:57     ` Benjamin Kosnik
From: Benjamin Kosnik @ 2000-05-08  9:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chris Faylor; +Cc: Per Bothner, overseers, kingdon

I'm currently using the testdrive.compaq.com farm, and have only good
things to say about it. They allow incoming ftp only, but no outgoing
traffic: this is their solution for people who need to get sources on a
remote machine, but don't feel like exposing the rest of the net to a
farm for distributed attacks...

I think this is a good idea.

Also, I think wiping drives every 30 days or so or having some automated
way of clearing disks is a great idea.

-benjamin

* Re: ["Michael A. Olson" <mao@sleepycat.com>] Open Source build farm consortium
@ 2000-05-15 11:53   ` Jim Kingdon
From: Jim Kingdon @ 2000-05-15 11:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: per; +Cc: overseers

Thanks for the forward, Per.  I've added this to
http://sourceware.cygnus.com/sourceware/others.html with a few other
build farms and other links.

* Re: ["Michael A. Olson" <mao@sleepycat.com>] Open Source build farm consortium
@ 2000-12-30  6:08 ` Chris Faylor
From: Chris Faylor @ 2000-12-30  6:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Per Bothner; +Cc: overseers, kingdon

@ 2000-12-30  6:08 ` Jim Kingdon
From: Jim Kingdon @ 2000-12-30  6:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: per; +Cc: overseers

@ 2000-12-30  6:08   ` Benjamin Kosnik
From: Benjamin Kosnik @ 2000-12-30  6:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chris Faylor; +Cc: Per Bothner, overseers, kingdon

I'm currently using the testdrive.compaq.com farm, and have only good
things to say about it. They allow incoming ftp only, but no outgoing
traffic: this is their solution for people who need to get sources on a
remote machine, but don't feel like exposing the rest of the net to a
farm for distributed attacks...

I think this is a good idea.

Also, I think wiping drives every 30 days or so or having some automated
way of clearing disks is a great idea.

-benjamin

* ["Michael A. Olson" <mao@sleepycat.com>] Open Source build farm consortium
@ 2000-12-30  6:08 Per Bothner