* YA change to .ssh/authorized_keys
@ 2000-05-08 15:00 ` Chris Faylor
From: Chris Faylor @ 2000-05-08 15:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

It looks like I have another user who needs to upload things to the cygwin
directory.  This means that his .ssh/authorized_keys file needs to be modified
to allow more than just cvs access.

The user is 'mring'.  Could someone make this modification?

I did not know that we'd be requiring this when I had his account set up
or I would have made sure to have mentioned it to avoid creating this
extra work.

Thanks,
cgf

* Re: YA change to .ssh/authorized_keys
@ 2000-05-08 15:09   ` Jason Molenda
From: Jason Molenda @ 2000-05-08 15:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chris Faylor; +Cc: overseers

On Mon, May 08, 2000 at 06:00:38PM -0400, Chris Faylor wrote:
> It looks like I have another user who needs to upload things to the cygwin
> directory.  This means that his .ssh/authorized_keys file needs to be modified
> to allow more than just cvs access.

Incidentally, this is Yet Another Problem I Didn't Tackle.

Until recently, we'd only had two or three external developers who
needed access only to upload files.  eCos has one and bartv thought
I was a loser for giving the ext person full login access just to
upload files. :-)

I don't know how this should be handled.  anon-ftp-upload is one
possibility (or plaintext passworded ftp upload) with a crontab
that would move the uploaded files to another part of the ftp tree.
The problems with this kind of automated facility are obvious.  I
don't know of any way to allow only scp access, and really you'd
want to allow only scp to one part of the file hierarchy.

Maybe folks on the net have come up with good solutions, or have
settled on methods that involve by-hand intervention of maintainers.
I just punted and gave them full login access.

Jason

* Re: YA change to .ssh/authorized_keys
@ 2000-05-08 15:16   ` Tom Tromey
From: Tom Tromey @ 2000-05-08 15:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chris Faylor; +Cc: overseers

Chris> The user is 'mring'.  Could someone make this modification?

Done.

Tom

* Re: YA change to .ssh/authorized_keys
@ 2000-05-08 15:19     ` Chris Faylor
From: Chris Faylor @ 2000-05-08 15:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jason Molenda; +Cc: overseers

On Mon, May 08, 2000 at 03:08:07PM -0700, Jason Molenda wrote:
>On Mon, May 08, 2000 at 06:00:38PM -0400, Chris Faylor wrote:
>> It looks like I have another user who needs to upload things to the cygwin
>> directory.  This means that his .ssh/authorized_keys file needs to be modified
>> to allow more than just cvs access.
>
>Incidentally, this is Yet Another Problem I Didn't Tackle.
>
>Until recently, we'd only had two or three external developers who
>needed access only to upload files.  eCos has one and bartv thought
>I was a loser for giving the ext person full login access just to
>upload files. :-)

Yeah, I can understand this.  I don't like it either.  I already have
two people with this kind of privilege and I was feeling uncomfortable
about that.  I don't even like giving global cvs access.

FWIW, this should only be temporary.  I'll try to remember to revoke
these special privileges when this requirement is gone.

The alternative was to get DJ, Corinna, or me involved every time this
guy uploads his new-improved installer, so I think that this is the
lesser of two evils.

@ 2000-12-30  6:08 ` Tom Tromey
From: Tom Tromey @ 2000-12-30  6:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chris Faylor; +Cc: overseers

@ 2000-12-30  6:08 ` Jason Molenda
From: Jason Molenda @ 2000-12-30  6:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chris Faylor; +Cc: overseers

@ 2000-12-30  6:08   ` Chris Faylor
From: Chris Faylor @ 2000-12-30  6:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jason Molenda; +Cc: overseers

On Mon, May 08, 2000 at 03:08:07PM -0700, Jason Molenda wrote:
>On Mon, May 08, 2000 at 06:00:38PM -0400, Chris Faylor wrote:
>> It looks like I have another user who needs to upload things to the cygwin
>> directory.  This means that his .ssh/authorized_keys file needs to be modified
>> to allow more than just cvs access.
>
>Incidentally, this is Yet Another Problem I Didn't Tackle.
>
>Until recently, we'd only had two or three external developers who
>needed access only to upload files.  eCos has one and bartv thought
>I was a loser for giving the ext person full login access just to
>upload files. :-)

Yeah, I can understand this.  I don't like it either.  I already have
two people with this kind of privilege and I was feeling uncomfortable
about that.  I don't even like giving global cvs access.

FWIW, this should only be temporary.  I'll try to remember to revoke
these special privileges when this requirement is gone.

The alternative was to get DJ, Corinna, or me involved every time this
guy uploads his new-improved installer, so I think that this is the
lesser of two evils.

cgf

* YA change to .ssh/authorized_keys
@ 2000-12-30  6:08 Chris Faylor