From: Ian Lance Taylor <ian@zembu.com>
To: tromey@cygnus.com
Cc: overseers@sourceware.cygnus.com
Subject: Re: question about kcvs
Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 16:35:00 -0000	[thread overview]

   From: Tom Tromey <tromey@cygnus.com>
   Date: 19 May 2000 16:05:13 -0600

   I'm getting an error from cvs.  I use kerberos.  I've gotten this
   before but I forgot what it means and how it was fixed.

   creche. cvs update -A
   cvs: ../../../devo/cvssrc/src/client.c:3937: connect_to_gserver: Assertion `need <= sizeof buf' failed.

   Any clues?

The CVS server is printing an error message.  The CVS client thinks
the first two characters of the error message are the number of bytes
it needs to read.  It is complaining because its static buffer isn't
large enough.

Put the CVS client under gdb and step through the function and frob
the need variable to read in the rest of the message to see what the
server is saying.

Usually you need to kinit again for some reason.

Ian