* FTP Server Mirror Lists
@ 2000-05-22 16:21 ` Gerald Pfeifer
From: Gerald Pfeifer @ 2000-05-22 16:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

I noticed that in the following message of the FTP server

  530-Sorry, the ftp server has too many active ftp connections (30/30).
  [...]
  530-
  530-Mirror Lists:
  530-
  530-GCC/EGCS:    http://egcs.cygnus.com/mirrors.html

...the line above should read

  530-GCC:         http://gcc.gnu.org/mirrors.html

(Last week alone I got several mails by users confused by egcs vs GCC,
so we really should try to fix such cases.)

Gerald

* Re: FTP Server Mirror Lists
@ 2000-05-24 14:53   ` Jeffrey A Law
From: Jeffrey A Law @ 2000-05-24 14:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gerald Pfeifer; +Cc: overseers

  In message < Pine.BSF.4.21.0005230116270.62516-100000@deneb.dbai.tuwien.ac.at >
you write:
  > I noticed that in the following message of the FTP server
  >
  >   530-Sorry, the ftp server has too many active ftp connections (30/30).
  >   [...]
  >   530-
  >   530-Mirror Lists:
  >   530-
  >   530-GCC/EGCS:    http://egcs.cygnus.com/mirrors.html
  >
  > ...the line above should read
  >
  >   530-GCC:         http://gcc.gnu.org/mirrors.html
  >
  > (Last week alone I got several mails by users confused by egcs vs GCC,
  > so we really should try to fix such cases.)
Fixed.
jeff

* FTP Server Mirror Lists, Take 2
@ 2000-08-21 12:21   ` Gerald Pfeifer
From: Gerald Pfeifer @ 2000-08-21 12:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers

Back in the old days, shortly after the glorious triade assumed the power
from the dark power(s) of sourceware history [1], it updated the text of
the "ftp server busy" messages.

May I suggest some further changes?

 s#sourceware.cygnus#sources.redhat#g
 s#GCC/EGCS#GCC#

Gerald

[1] :-)

* Re: FTP Server Mirror Lists, Take 2
@ 2000-08-21 12:33     ` Chris Faylor
From: Chris Faylor @ 2000-08-21 12:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gerald Pfeifer; +Cc: overseers

On Mon, Aug 21, 2000 at 09:21:46PM +0200, Gerald Pfeifer wrote:
>Back in the old days, shortly after the glorious triade assumed the power
>from the dark power(s) of sourceware history [1], it updated the text of
>the "ftp server busy" messages.
>
>May I suggest some further changes?
>
> s#sourceware.cygnus#sources.redhat#g
> s#GCC/EGCS#GCC#

I'm not 100% sure about eliminating EGCS since there may still be some
people confused about the EGCS/GCC relationship but I have made all of
the above changes.

Thanks for pointing this out.

cgf
(second generation triad wannabe)

* Re: FTP Server Mirror Lists, Take 2
@ 2000-08-21 12:44       ` Jim Kingdon
From: Jim Kingdon @ 2000-08-21 12:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: overseers; +Cc: pfeifer

> I'm not 100% sure about eliminating EGCS since there may still be some
> people confused about the EGCS/GCC relationship but I have made all of
> the above changes.

As far as I know, EGCS should be removed/updated anywhere we find it
(well, except the http://gcc.gnu.org/ web pages themselves, which the
GCC folks can worry about).  At least, that has been the policy I have
been following.

Thanks for updating it, Chris.

* FTP Server Mirror Lists
@ 2000-12-30  6:08 Gerald Pfeifer